Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Bill Pritchard - Midland Lullabies
#1
BILL PRITCHARD ~ Midland Lullabies

[Image: image.jpg?c=7dpSVCaweWbDJ-T7fgW8EoAf7E_1...AXRBU=&f=5]

Bill Pritchard is unknown to me. First impressions are that his voice has a similar timbre to the burry baritone of Mark Lanegan, which I like, and I’m also getting a touch of Lou Reed. All very measured – no fireworks, nothing jarring – kinda dry lyrically speaking, a Brit singer/songwriter who’s been around a while and is very popular in France which is not something one hears about every day, lol! 

Pleasant enough listening, neatly put together with earnest lyrics, but honestly, I’m underwhelmed – or maybe just not in the right frame of mind. He croons, he’s on key and correct, has a few songs that would probably stick, and I’m guessing the deadpan delivery is intentional, but it’s just bland with a few too many self-indulgently drawn out notes – I started getting annoyed by all those and maybe the prose too. Not really anything to find fault with, per se – I guess it’s just a question of personal taste.  

He’s been likened to Morrissey and Lloyd Cole if that helps anyone, and I’m sure plenty of non-grumpy people will like the sounds …



"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#2
Thanks Ruby ! I really enjoyed that !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Miley - Bass Persuades Music Head 0 47 29-09-2026, 12:45
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Prince - "timeless" CRAZY-HORSE 1 200 19-09-2026, 11:46
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: ADELA - PRIMA Music Head 0 145 16-09-2026, 11:07
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alex Warren - Wildchild Music Head 1 191 11-09-2026, 22:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Audrey Hobert - Who's The Clown? Music Head 0 288 01-09-2026, 11:25
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: KATSEYE - WILD (ep) Music Head 0 214 26-08-2026, 11:20
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: FLO - Therapy At The Club Music Head 0 209 24-08-2026, 11:41
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Ariana Grande - Petal Music Head 0 231 12-08-2026, 11:24
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Shania Twain - Little Miss Twain Music Head 0 230 10-08-2026, 16:25
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Tyla - A*POP Music Head 0 245 08-08-2026, 11:30
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: