Music Discussion
Your Musical Quote of the Day - Printable Version

+- Music Discussion (https://www.music-discussion.com)
+-- Forum: Music Discussion (https://www.music-discussion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Music (https://www.music-discussion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Your Musical Quote of the Day (/showthread.php?tid=18400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 05-12-2017

"I opened the Woodstock Festival even though I was supposed to be fifth. I said, 'What am I doing here? No, no, not me, not first!' I had to go on stage because there was no one else to go on first - the concert was already two-and-a-half hours late."

-Richie Havens

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 06-12-2017

Some wisdom from Michael Stipe ... 

"Never eat broccoli when there are cameras around."

Big Grin

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Jerome - 09-12-2017

'I'm often accused of being ahead of my time, but it's simply not true. The truth is that everybody else is behind' - Brian Eno

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 10-12-2017

"You don’t get harmony when everyone sings the same note."

-Doug Floyd

No idea who Dough Floyd is/was. This works in a musical context of course, not sure about a philosophical one! 

These guys' harmonies ... love, love ... 

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 11-12-2017

"Music, for me, has always been a place where anything is possible--a refuge, a magical world where anyone can go, where all kinds of people can come together, and anything can happen. We are limited only by our imaginations." 

-Bill Frisell

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 27-12-2017

"In Andalucia, when I play, the audience at some times, will say 'Ole' all at once. If they don't say 'Ole', it means that you have played like shit."

-Paco de Lucia

^Can’t imagine that happened too often! R.I.P. Paco – this is so very beautiful … the second movement from Concierto de Aranjuez (aka Concerto d’Orangejuice in some irreverent circles ) … 

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 28-12-2017

You can waste a whole lifetime

Trying to be
What you think is expected of you
But you'll never be free

May as well go fishing

-CHRIS REA from "Gone Fishing"

Profound words indeed, IMHO … 

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 04-01-2018

"Before you play two notes, learn how to play one note, you know – it’s as simple as that, really. And don’t play one note unless you’ve got a reason to play it."

-Mark Hollis 

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 10-01-2018

In case I don't get to the Born on this Day department on time - Happy Birthday to Roderick David Stewart who is quoted as saying ... 

"Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house."

Not sure if that was after his most recent divorce but I suspect not. The man is an incorrigible serial monogamist. 

Saw him in concert way back when - he put on a helluva show - still have the 'programme'!!

RE: Your Musical Quote of the Day - Ruby - 14-01-2018

"Very often my songs, whether it’s me or the voice of a character, are about navigating tough waters while keeping the shore within sight."

-Grant Lee Phillips

One of my favourite clips and songs from GLP. Just perfect ... makes me want to frame it ...  Smile .