love the slow build up, which doesn't fully kick in till around 2:30 in
powerful after that
nothing else that good
1.5 from me and a converted 2.1 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - All I Can
Sharon Van Etten-All I Can - YouTube

released Feb 7th, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Although she was born and raised in suburban New Jersey, Sharon Van Etten’s folk music evokes the open landscapes
and lonely expanses of Middle America. A dedicated choir student during her childhood, she began writing songs on
her guitar as a high-school student and, upon moving to New York, started playing them in concert. Van Etten signed
with the Chicago-based indie label Drag City and issued her intimate, official debut, Because I Was in Love, in
spring 2009, followed by the lush, more band-oriented Epic in 2010. Van Etten signed to Jagjaguwar in late 2010 and
began working with the National's Aaron Dessner as producer for her third album, Tramp; it was released in early

Album Review - from allmusic

When Sharon Van Etten issued the ironically titled seven-song Epic in 2009, it stood in stark contrast to her 2007
debut, Because I Was in Love. On the latter record, she employed a full-on rock band, her songwriting gained a more
defined precision, and her singing voice -- even at its most vulnerable -- seemed to speak with a confidence that
didn't seem to need any frame of reference other than its own. Tramp is titled for the period of post-relationship
uncertainty and the period of homelessness Van Etten experienced during its 14-month recording process. Produced by
the National's Aaron Dessner, who puts the songwriter's fine singing voice front and center, it features guest
appearances by Zach Condon, Julianna Barwick, and more. "Warsaw," with its jagged electric guitars, bass, halting
keyboards, and primitive, tom-tom heavy drums, is a shambling illustration of what's to be found here. Van Etten's
protagonist is still vulnerable, but she wills herself toward a horizon past it. Likewise, the set's first single
"Serpents," with its rumbling guitars and cracking snares, frankly discusses being physically and emotionally
abused, but it comes from the other side, her protagonist is out of the situation, refusing to be a victim. Jenn
Wassner's backing vocals in every line transform this into an anthem of survival. Not everything here falls down
the rock & roll rabbit hole, however. Acoustically driven ballads such as "Kevin's," "All I Can," and "Leonard"
highlight her subject's character defects and vulnerabilities as well as those of her significant other's. Van
Etten's lyrics accuse as much as they confess and empathize. More often than not, her subject is the one who
leaves, rather than the one left; the reasons are myriad: betrayal, co-dependency, a willingness toward an
emotional freedom that allows love itself to dictate what it expects. There is great beauty on Tramp, especially in
its last third; from the jaunty, acoustic stroll of "We Are Fine" to the multi-textured, nearly psych-pop of "I'm
Wrong," to the airy, drifting closer "Joke or a Lie." For all this, Van Etten skirts the edges of giving us a great
album without actually delivering one. Perhaps it's the exhaustive, confessional nature of its songs, its reliance
on three basic melodic ideas, or even its length. Whatever the reason(s), Tramp doesn't quite fulfill its
considerable promise. But this isn't a criticism; Van Etten is still a young, developing songwriter who gets more
sophisticated with each album. As such, Tramp offers plenty for listeners to enjoy as she goes.

Track Listing

1) Warsaw
2) Give Out
3) Serpents
4) Kevin's
5) Leonard
6) In Line
7) All I Can
8) We Are Fine
9) Magic Chords
10) Ask
11) I'm Wrong