a couple of tracks I liked
but many more I don't
the horns on a few give it more flavor
still far short of a like
1.3 from me and a converted 2.4 from the pros at allmusc

from the album - Heart Attack

released Jan 31st, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Putting a 21st century spin on the hip late-'60s world of Burt Bacharach, Sly Stone, and Barbarella, Denmark's the
Asteroids Galaxy Tour had barely let their demo out into the world before fame came calling thanks to Amy Winehouse
and the iPod family. Multi-instrumentalist Lars Iversen and vocalist Mette Lindberg formed the Asteroids in 2007.
Thanks to a freshly pressed demo landing in the right hands, their debut gig was an opening slot at the request of
Winehouse when the superstar singer visited the duo's hometown of Copenhagen. Soon after they were signed to the
major label Universal who released their debut single, "The Sun Ain't Shining No More," in 2008. As the Asteroids
were preparing their debut album and expanding their live lineup to a six-piece, their B-52's-flavored, retro-party
single was featured in a television commercial for Apple's iPod Touch MP3 player.

Album Review - from allmusic

Arriving on the scene the same time as Alphabeat introduced their Disney-ish bubblegum pop to the world, Copenhagen
duo the Asteroids Galaxy Tour's equally carefree 2008 debut, Fruit, suggested there was something in the Danish
waters. Just like the "Fascination" hitmakers, vocalist Mette Lindberg and producer Lars Iversen have ignored any
"serious artist" temptations for their follow-up, and instead have continued to pursue an even more playful and
kaleidoscopic approach, on 14 tracks bursting to the seams with irresistible melodies, flower power hooks, and an
effervescent carnival atmosphere. Firmly ensconced in the sounds of the '60s, the kitsch dream pop of "Mafia," the
swirling indie disco of "Heart Attack," and the slinky, alternative James Bond theme, "Cloak & Dagger," show the
duo are still enamoured with the Summer of Love, while the fusion of hip-hop beats, Southern soul, and Mark Ronson
-esque horns on the utterly infectious "Dollars in the Night" and "Major" recall the high-spirited charm of their
iPod-advertised hit "Around the Bend." But Out of Frequency is far from just a retread of its predecessor, as
Lindberg wraps her Björk-meets-Duffy, elfin-like tones around a more diverse but resolute old-school sound with
authentic attempts at Motown ("Fantasy Friend Forever"), trippy dub reggae (the title track), and woozy proggy funk
("Theme from 45 Eugenia"). The slightly vaudeville interludes ("Gold Rush, Pts.1 & 2," "Arrival of the Empress")
unnecessarily interrupt the party vibes, while the sugary-sweet kids TV theme feel of "Suburban Space Invader" may
push tolerance levels for relentless kookiness to its limits. But for the most part, Out of Frequency is a joyous
and effortlessly vivacious slice of Scandinavian pop which yet again brings a refreshing, childlike quality to the
'60s retro table.

Track Listing

1. Gold Rush Pt. I
2. Dollars in the Night
3. Gold Rush Pt. II
4. Major
5. Heart Attack
6. Out of Frequency
7. Cloak and Dagger
8. Arrival of the Empress (Prelude)
9. Theme From 45 Eugenia
10. Mafia