Thread: Kid Cudi trashes Australian stage, after festival set cut short -

Default Kid Cudi trashes Australian stage, after festival set cut short -

What do you guys think of Kid Cudi's reaction- any thoughts on the repercussions?

"Kid Cudi trashed a stage in Australia last night after his set was cut short. The rapper is was headlining the Heatwave festival when festival organizers pulled the plug on his performance early due to a scheduling mistake..

Cudi was filmed breaking lights and sound equipment after he was asked to end his set and inciting fans to throw bottles and demand refunds. It all sounds like a temper tantrum, but today the rapper responded to the incident on his Tumblr and apparently has an explanation.

“If my set is EVER cut short at any show, im trashing the stage,” Cudi wrote. “Not out of anger, it takes a lot to get me furious nowadays, but out of principle. The fans always deserve a full set at all shows, especially when they spend their hard earned money on expensive tickets. A lot of artist wouldnt do what I did in Australia, but I will. Spread the word. No matter the circumstance, cut my set short, im breaking shit. And next time im startin a riot. Me and my fans. Cause promoters will sometime take advantage of the artists, and u gotta let em know what time it is. Cutting nobody any slack.”

[MD has a policy of no self promotion so your signature has been removed. You are welcome here if you are involved in the discussion of music but if you miss use the site then you will be asked to leave.

External Communications TraceNspace's Avatar
    Florida, United States

Well I would hate for a set top get cut short, especially after shelling out money for tickets but he's just going to come across as a fool having a temper tantrum. Also I was at one of his shows at a festival recently and his set seemed never ending to me lol
    "I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
    I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

the "Kid" in his name seems appropriate
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

From Cape Town, South Africa

Kid Clueless comes to mind.
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

We are probably living the lowest times of music. To be fair to Kid Cudi, at least this man cares about music which is something that does not exist anymore. Kid Cudi wants his money instead of most musicians now days which is FREE MONEY. Because of the decline of music scene today, now days concerts are even meaningless. I feel for Kid Cudi. He is a great rapper at a wrong period.

While his intent is respectable, it was childish and sends the wrong message all together. Overall, it looks like a temper tantrum!