Thread: Lee Bergeron "Happy Birthday Elvis"

Default Lee Bergeron "Happy Birthday Elvis"

I am a few days late "January 8th" But I love listening to the kings music all the time.I wonder if he lived longer,how music would of turned out.He influenced Rock and roll to the core.

Lee Bergeron

United Kingdom

I'm certainly not knocking Elvis, since his impact on music was huge IMV.

However, I think Elvis didn't maintain his trailblazing in R&R. Within a very short time he had been eclipsed by others (Beatles f'rinstance), who took up the baton and pushed the boundaries.

Don't get me wrong, he was a great artist to the end, but his days of influencing things were short lived.

Therefore, I don't think music would be any different if he'd survived, except that there'd probably be some more Elvis albums out there.
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

South Netherlands

I'd agree with you there Tiggi!
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

Elvis Presley is someone who was a dynamic musician and he was someone who knew how to entertain his own way. Also Elvis is someone who will be remembered for his music. I agree that Elvis's impact won't be as recognized but he is a dynamic man. Elvis is definitely missed especially in these down times of music right now.

Definitely agree.