UK top ten selling albums 2011
finally found the list of top 10 selling albums in the UK for 2011...from NME's website.
Adele has scored the two biggest selling albums of 2011, with combined sales of 4.5 million of her two albums.
The singer's second album '21' sold a whopping 3.4 million copies in 2011 and is now the biggest selling album in the UK of the 21st century, according to the Official Charts Company.
Adele's debut album '19' is the second biggest seller, having shifted over 1.1 million copies in 2011. Bruno Mars is third with sales of his debut album 'Doo Wops & Hooligans' just 24,000 away from passing the million mark.
Rihanna's 'Loud' was fourth with 812,000, Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' was fifth with 689,000 and Jessie J was sixth with sales of 660,000 for her debut 'Who You Are'.
Michael Buble's festive album 'Christmas' is seventh, which has sold nearly 500,000 copies despite only being released in October. Buble is just ahead of Cee Lo Green, who is eighth with 'The Lady Killer' which has sold 485,000, Ed Sheeran who is ninth with 477,000 and Coldplay who round off the Top 10 with 467,000 copies sold of their fifth album 'Mylo Xyloto'.
The 10 biggest selling albums of 2011 are as follows:
1. Adele – '21' (3.4m copies sold)
2. Adele – '19' (1.1m copies sold)
3. Bruno Mars – 'Doo Wops & Hooligans' (976,000 copies sold)
4. Rihanna – 'Loud' (812,000 copies sold)
5. Lady Gaga – 'Born This Way' (689,000 copies sold)
6. Jessie J – 'Who You Are' (660,000 copies sold)
7. Michael Buble – 'Christmas' (496,000 copies sold)
8. Cee Lo Green – 'The Lady Killer' (485,000 copies sold)
9. Ed Sheeran – '+' (477,000 copies sold)
10. Coldplay – 'Mylo Xyloto' (467,000 copies sold)