Thread: HELP!!! My worst enemy might know more about music than me!

Default HELP!!! My worst enemy might know more about music than me!

My worst enemy and me were talking about Hardcore Punk, Punk Rock, Melodic Hardcore, and Pop Punk.
    Then she said that the band Ratt was a Punk Rock band.
    Of course, from my Understanding, Ratt is just a Metal band.
    She also said that the Punk Rock band Rise Against is a Pop/Punk band!
    I need the truth!

Is Rise Against A Pop/Punk Band???
    Is Ratt Punk Rock?

(The thing about Rise Against startled me, as Rise Against is my favourite band!)

United Kingdom

Ratt = Metal

Rise Against = Punk

Doesn't mean they're right...

The problem, as always, is that different folks have differing opinions.

Wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Suggest you don't talk to her...
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Of those I only know punk and metal
    The others are someones attempt to be clever
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Ratt is probably as far away from Punk Rock as you can get while still using electronic guitars and trying to come off as tough guys with your long hair and sequined and gemmed leather jackets - if you ignore Nickelback, that is. I think not even Manowar's costumes were as fruity and unfavorable.

Thanks guys

dont worry about "genre's"....just enjoy the music...IMO there are two genres..."good" and "bad", simple as that

Columbus. Ohio

Are you referring to Joey and the guys wearing animal skins in the early days? It was all done in great fun!
    You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin

just name drop a modern classical composer. Tell them about how you prefer Feldman's abstractionism and to Part's sacred musical process or how underrated Eastman and Conrad are so underrated or pull out any Cage quote ("when you listen Mozart or Beethoven, it always sounds the same, when you listen to traffic, it always sounds different" is my favorite) and that person won't know what to say and you'll have won

and as for Ratt being punk; HELL NO!!!!! Punk bands are like the Wipers or Black Flag. Ratt aren't even metal, their hard rock