Thread: Anyone got any good picks for me?

Default Anyone got any good picks for me?

I'm looking to find some new heavy music. Any of you guys got some recommendations for me?

Have you heard Opeth - Heritage album and nine more albums by them, then there is Agalloch , all of their four albums, While Heaven Wept - Fear of Infinity, Helrunar are very good black metal...Sol, Sol I, Sol II. F***** Up - David Comes Alive, and there are others of course Negura Bunget from Romania and Ulver from Norway , Eluveitie folk metal from Switzerland ......what is your favorite heavy music genre ?

Quote Originally Posted by Girly View Post
    I'm looking to find some new heavy music. Any of you guys got some recommendations for me?
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON

Great recommendations Steve!

I'll add a few new and oldish :
    set one (RIYL Black Sabbath): Candlemass, Paradise Lost, Type O Negative, Katatonia, A Pale Horse Named Death
    set two (RIYL AC-DC): Valient Thorr, Airbourne, Mustasch
    set three (RIYL Judas Priest): Holy Grail, Seven Kingdoms
    set four (RIYL Screamin'): Strapping Young Lad, Heaven Shall Burn, Black Dahlia Murder, DevilDriver, Anterior
    set five (RIYL shopping in every section of a record store) - VolBeat, Arkona, Van Canto, Fallstaff, Devin Townsend

dont know if youve heard of Airbourne or not, but they are an Australian quintet much in the same mould as AC/DC, have released only two albums but both are very good
    "blog" to me is the sound of Morning Thunder hitting the water in the punch bowl..." .....jazzboCR

will put Airbourne on the list along with evil's ///lol...lock me up in a music room for two years !!!..LOL

also have to check out Aussie Voyager's new album ???,,,ACDC have been here twice and they put on one hell of a live show as you all know !!!!
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON

neat you mentioned Candlemass....very Black Sabbathy as is High On Fire ,,,US group.

- JOHN LENNON

Aenima-Tool
    Slow Deep and Hard-Type O Negative