Thread: Orlando Calling

External Communications TraceNspace's Avatar
    Florida, United States

Default Orlando Calling

I haven't been around as much as I should be but this time I have a good excuse. I was at the first annual Orlando Calling! A new music festival. I didn't get to see all the bands obviously but I was not disappointed with the ones I did see. I finally got to see my beloved Avett Brothers who put on a great show my only complaints were that I was too far away and their set was too short! I wanted to see more of them. They are full of energy and so talented. I'm glad they toured long enough for me to get around to seeing them but now I want them back in the studio to make another album!

I watched the Pixies a band I've wanted to see since I was very young. They did an interesting thing as they decided to play Doolittle in order. They dated themselves by saying "That was side one, now time for side two" I'm pretty sure most of the audience wasn't around for sides of an album lol

Anyway, those were the two big ones that I was dying to see but we also saw Less Than Jake, The Roots, The Raconteurs and the Killers. I had a great time. I did not get any pictures or meet any rock stars.....

PS I like Jack White better with Meg.
    Last edited by TraceNspace; 14-11-2011 at 13:34.
    "I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
    I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down

United Kingdom

Excellent, Tracy.

Glad you had a good time !!

I managed to catch the Pixies in London in the early '90s, and they were phenomenal.

In fact I'm wearing the t-shirt as I type. This, and a Siouxsie & The Banshees T-shirt of the same vintage have lasted remarkably well...
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"