Thread: Need Fader for Logic!!!

Default Need Fader for Logic!!!

So my software of choice is Logic and it's great but something I want is a fader to control stuff like automation. This would be way easier so I want some recommendations on cheap, simple faders to buy. I don't need a lot but ideally one with like 4.

United Kingdom

Jerome's probably your man. I'm sure he'll be along soon...
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

From Cape Town, South Africa

Depends on what you want to spend. I would suggest a bitstream 3x controller. It has 8 faders, 35 pots, a ribbon controller (very handy for soft synths & effects), and a joystick as well as play/stop etc. Highly customisable and is pretty intuitive although it has a huge amount of programmable functions as well. A bit pricey but you will get your money's worth out of it. I use it to control virtual synths as well as syncing it (via midi), with real synths and as a control surface to mix EQ and automation (volume levels etc.). The joystick is also handy if you do surround mixing but that is an area I have not explored. I use it in conjunction with Samplitude 11 & Sonar X1. Last but not least it has a pretty robust design and you can mount it on a standard studio rack as well or just use it on a desktop.