American country recording artist Dolly Parton released her 41st studio album Better Day on June 28, 2011, as the second album from her Dolly Records label.
Better Day contains entirely original material, her first since Hungry Again. However, only five of the album's twelve tracks are exclusively new. Four of the songs on Better Day, "I Just Might", "Shine Like the Sun", "Get Out and Stay Out" and "Let Love Grow" are Parton's personally recorded versions of songs she wrote for the Broadway adaptation of her 1980 movie 9 to 5. "Holding Everything" was previously written for and recorded by Randy Owen on his debut album, One on One. "Together You and I", was previously recorded with Porter Wagoner on their collaborative album, Porter 'n' Dolly.
On July 17, Dolly Parton will embark on a 39-date tour of the United States, Europe and Australia in support of her second studio album for her own Dolly Records, "Better Day," which arrived June 28. Originally from Sevierville, Tenn., Parton, 65, has charted 25 No. 1 singles and 41 top 10 country albums during a career that spans five decades. "Better Day," her 41st studio set, is the first album from the legendary singer/songwriter since she ventured onto Broadway with "9 to 5: The Musical" in 2009. Three songs from the musical-"I Just Might," "Let Love Grow" and "Shine Like the Sun"-appear on the new album.
Check Dolly Parton Bio