Thread: Nomination...........Abbey Road...........The Beatles

Default Nomination...........Abbey Road...........The Beatles

Classic Album Nomination………….1969……………..Abbey Road……………….The Beatles

“George………………..Can we make an album like we used to, with you producing it please?” Paul McCartney
    I think they knew it was going to be the last one and they wanted to go out in some sort of style.
    With each Beatle well capable of perusing their own strengths , they came together to make one last Album.
    Lennon was rather indifferent, Paul was in a position of having writers block, George had enjoyed working with Bob Dylan and Ringo was growing tired of being the nice guy……………

So what did we get? Well there are two sides to a record and this is a tale of both……….The banded and he unbanded………..
    · 1.2 Side one

· 1.3 Side two

What as the background?
    Abbey Road is the eleventh released studio album by English rock band The Beatles and their last recorded. Though Let It Be was the last album released before the band's dissolution in 1970, work on Abbey Road began in April 1969. Abbey Road was released on 26 September 1969 in the United Kingdom, and 1 October 1969 in the United States. It was produced and orchestrated by George Martin for Apple Records. Geoff Emerick was engineer, Alan Parsons was assistant engineer, and Tony Banks was tape operator.
    Abbey Road is regarded as one of The Beatles' most tightly constructed albums, although the band was barely operating as a functioning unit at the time.[1][2] Rolling Stone placed it at number 14 on its list of "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time". In 2009, readers of the magazine also named Abbey Road the greatest Beatles album( Thanks Wiki!!)

So there it is ……………………..at the time, the world thought that they could not produce any thing that would beat the albums of the past but, even firing on three cylinders; The Beatles still managed to impress.
    So what are the tracks like ?
    Well you need to roll out your copy and listen………….
    We have two great efforts from George……………..Here Comes The Sun and Something…………The later hailed by Frank Sinatra as the greatest song that Lennon and McCartney ever wrote………..oooops!

John manages an old political campaign song and an ode to Yoko.

Paul manages most of the medley , Oh darling and the mediocre Maxwell’s silver Hammer
    And bless Ringo for Octopus's Garden ( He may have had help from George here but it is a great song !

So I submit to you the last Beatle album Abbey Road as a nomination. I believe it should go gold but lest see what MD thinks…………………………………………….
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

i'll second and third it Gryphon, my favourite Beatle album ever!!!
    I didn't mean that to become a signature ..I don't know how that has happened.......Mrrusty

Back to the top!
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

Strangely it's one of my least favourite Beatles albums. Having said that, any of their albums should easily be regarded as classic.

Thirded...
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown

Vote number 4
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON