Thread: Different recording styles?

Default Different recording styles?

How was something like this recorded?

I have to say that normally links are not allowed in the first ten postings .............The policy of MD is to remove the links...............However as this is an interesting question I have used my discretion to leave the link in.....................
    Last edited by gryphon; 18-06-2011 at 15:01.

Alberta, Canada

The recording used for this video was "tracking" by instruments. He plays with either a click track - aka metronome - OR with the song playing into his headphones.

I would think the first track was the Piano/vocal track then the Guitar track and then the Violin track - videotaping each recording as well to splice/edit the videos together for the finished video presentation.

More info on multi-track recording here:

Thanks for lovely and very clear presentation. I like it.

Thanks for showing different ways of recording. I really enjoyed it..

The documenting used for this movie was "tracking" by equipment. He performs with either a press monitor - aka metronome - OR with the tune enjoying into his earphones.

I would think the first monitor was the Piano/vocal monitor then the Instrument monitor and then the Instrument monitor - recording each documenting as well to splice/edit the video clips together for the completed movie display.