Page 301 of 301 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301
Results 3,001 to 3,008 of 3008

Thread: The Track I'm Listening To Is.......................

This track from Idan Raichel’s Within My Walls is sung by Cape Verdean morna singer Mayra Andrade … the translated title is “With My Eyes Shut”. Ten different vocalists contribute to the album and not a single one in English; there’s Hebrew, Swahili, Creole and Spanish, if not more. Just love it!

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

And another one, due to dithering ...

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

The final track from Eric Woolfson Sings The Alan Parsons Project That Never Was – (AP didn’t like the sentimentality of some of Woolfson’s songs) and it’s quite literally his swansong – utterly heartrending … "Immortal" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I’ll take your word for it!
    That’s a very evocative song.
    Yes it is - makes me long for my youth. Those were the days my friend.................
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

"Fading Sound" from Seth Lakeman's Ballads of the Broken Few.

my favourite off Paul Weller's latest album "a kind revolution" as he sung it on Jools Holland's show last week:
    damn, the guy is looking old!

^I had a listen to the first few songs on the new album CH, but got distracted. Must try again.

"Lunar Pond" from Andreas Vollenweider's Caverna Magica. Only problem is it ends just as it gets going! The tracks are not really intended to be listened to separately though, I would imagine - they do tend to lead into one another.

am currently revisiting this often forgotten Bowie classic from 1972:
    the song was a stand alone single never released on a studio album and only
    charted in the UK (#12) and Ireland (#17)...
    Bowie apparently wrote the song after he had an argument with friend John Lennon after
    Lennon voiced his concerns at Bowie's "coming out" as a bisexual in the UK press earlier in the year...
    the video was banned in the UK for its blatant homosexual lyrics and not released in the US for its
    "risqué androgynous" themes...
    makes you shake your head in amazement with all the crap in modern music videos, proving once again
    just how far ahead of everyone Mr Bowie was!
    either way, its still a great song IMO.