Thread: Tips for choosing an Engagement Ring

Default Tips for choosing an Engagement Ring

Choosing an engagement ring is an important thing to do. When you have decided to take the next step in your relationship and propose to the love of your life, choosing the right engagement ring can be a stressful business.
    Here are five tips to help you choose the perfect ring.

A) The jeweler is as important as the ring.
    B) Look at the jewelry she wears everyday.
    C) Consider your price range.
    D) Choose the right diamond.
    E) Back up your purchase.

Hope this tips will help you@

From Cape Town, South Africa

Used to work in the diamond mining business many moons ago - diamonds are essentially worthless - their price is kept artificially high by that wonderful bunch of cronies called the Central Selling Organization.
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

i can verify that comment Jerome....

i have a friend who works for Argyle Diamonds(australia's biggest diamond miner)....
    apparently they have millions of carots of diamonds sitting in underground vaults under the centre of Perth, these tunnels are connected to the main HQ of Argyle.
    they only release a certain % to the public/jewellers each year which also keeps the price elevated...which is sort of what your saying(artificially inflated)

...and as we know South Africa and Australia are he worlds biggest source of diamonds.

i also heard from my friend that many years ago they used to throw away 'pink diamonds' because they werent 'pure'...then someone came up with the idea that if they tell people they are 'rare' that they can sell them for a lot more than regular diamonds....

the general public are so gullable, not only with that but in general!

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY-HORSE View Post
    the general public are so gullable, not only with that but in general!
    amen brother
    see quote below
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Never go out of your price range unless you can afford the ring. Too many have bought one and ended up in too much debt.