Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitter.

United Kingdom

Default Twitter.

Twitter seems to be developing exponentially at the mo. I have the TV on, and have been half-watching a debate about UK privacy laws in the light of the Twitter outing of a prominent soccer player whose extra-marital activities are the subject of a privacy injunction.

I actually created myself an account yesterday, and have picked some prominent Twitterers to "follow". Problem is, I just don't get it. What am I missing ??

Can anyone enlighten me ??
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

haven't really looked at Twitter
    To me it's just another social network
    fb is enough for me to stay in touch with friends and family
    sure don't need another one to have to follow
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

ditto MH, i find FB works fine for me so Twitter dont mean anything to me

From Cape Town, South Africa

Agree with MH. FB is enough. The very name 'Twitter' puts me off. After all we can't spend the rest of our lives typing. You actually have to go out and live as well. Read an article in the paper yesterday about a woman who was travelling from California to Oregon by train. The other passengers claimed she spoke non-stop on her phone for 16 hours straight. Empty vessels and all that.......

South Netherlands

Default Twitter

I have not really use Twitter much but it does seem to have some interesting aspects
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

Haha..i know I dont really get it either.Doesn't make sense.I mean all you can do is tweet?Facebook seems more effective..but maybe Im missing the point too..

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom

I agree with everyone. I don't want to read what people are eating, when they last went to the toilet. FB is the way forward for now.

Tony (Techman)
    Stay connected Through Facebook - Like 'The Official Music Discussion Page'

External Communications TraceNspace's Avatar
    Florida, United States

Prefer Facebook as well. Anything amusing that gets posted to Twitter usually makes its way to Facebook anyway.

I have to grin - listening to all this. I am on Facebook and Twitter. I use Twitter for business connections and FB for family and friends. I agree that FB is more fun and interactive. I know that people can and do waste a lot of time on both. I cut my time down to once a week on both, (normally Sunday), I update my status, post some new stuff and move on. I wouldn't bother with Twitter for my personal life. It can be beneficial to connect with like-minded business people.

Twitter is really a nice site, I always used to think this one is much better than facebook.