Thread: Hiya :-)

Smile Hiya :-)

Hi all :-)

Just wanted to say hello and quickly introduce myself :-)

My name's Jen, I'm the singer/pianist/songwriter for Jen Stevens & The Hiccups. We're a blues/pop/folk/jazz (lol!) original band from South Shields, which is near Newcastle in the north east of England :-) We're all from different musical backgrounds, hence the rather eclectic genre round up lol :-) Lots of beautiful south, fleetwood mac, and swing leanings.

I've just completed a degree in Jazz, Popular and Commercial music, and I'm starting up as a peri teacher this week! I though being part of an online community like this one would be beneficial, both personally and for the band :-)

I look forward to talking to you all! Hehe :-)

Jen x

United Kingdom

Hi Jen, and welcome to MD.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Cheers Tiggi :-)

Band Member
    London, UK

Hello and welcome to MD

Regards, Syn

Record Label Executive

I was scrolling through the Member list, looking for someone else and came across this woman. Much taken with the band name, I looked her up on YouTube. Very good indeed--I'm sharing a rather improvised session (a committed musician will find a way to contribute, as the drummer demonstrates). She hasn't posted in a while but their current output is worth your time--good songs, good playing and she has a very good voice: << do yourself a favor and look up more by them.
    A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
    What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR