Thread: What do you think of Mumford and Sons ?

Default What do you think of Mumford and Sons ?

So I just wanted to see what all you folks out there thought of Mumford and Sons?
    They are absolutely one of my favorite bands, something I can always listen to. (Blame the Irish and Scottish in me). If you haven't heard of them here are some links to my personal favorite songs by them and a little info on the band.

"Mumford & Sons are an English folk rock band. The band consists of Marcus Mumford (vocals, guitar, drums, mandolin), Ben Lovett (vocals, keyboards, accordion, drums), "Country" Winston Marshall (vocals, banjo, dobro), and Ted Dwane (vocals, string bass, drums, guitar). The band formed in October 2007, rising out of what some in the media labelled the "West London folk scene" with other artists such as Laura Marling, Johnny Flynn and Noah and the Whale." (Source Wikiepedia) - -Dust Bowl Dance - I Gave You All -White Blank Page -Little Lion Men(Alot of Radio time in the U.S.)

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

I love them
    Just bought the album a few months ago and just listened to it recently.
    Remind me a lot of the Avett Brothers
    If you haven't heard them check them out also.
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

United Kingdom

I'm a late convert also. Bought the album earlier in the year after some enthusiastic recommendations. Very good album.
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

External Communications TraceNspace's Avatar
    Florida, United States

I'm listening to them right now. This post caught my eye because of it. I love them! I can't wait to hear more from them.

South Netherlands

Default Its time to.............................................

I think that this would be a good time to suggest that this band should be featured in our Beginners guide section.....................
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

Beginners guide? Are you serious?

Formed in 2007. Starting point? Oh, right, their first and only album. There you are. Beginners guide par excellence.