Thread: Hello

Default Hello

My name is Ryan, I perform and listen to all kinds of music. My musical background is that I am a classically trained euphonium player, but I have also studied jazz extensively. I am currently a full time professional musician in the Washington DC, and I am promoting my own Jazz Fusion group called "Euphonasia." My first love was heavy metal music, I fell in love with Metallica at a young age. Shortly after that came the grunge era where I became very interested in Alice in Chains. I am very glad to see them back with a new singer and doing very well. As far as Jazz I love old school bebop and cool jazz, also fusion and more modern electronic jazz. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are one of my favorite groups, and I also love Pat Metheny and the Chick Corea Elektric Band. I enjoy anything that breaks down barriers in a creative way but still manages to communicate something without being unattainable. I like many other things but I think that's enough for now. Thanks for reading!

hey Ryan!

welcome to have a wide range of musical taste by the sound of it....thats what we like to see here.

United Kingdom

Hello Ryan & welcome to MD.

Fusion is something I've never quite got my head round, but most other Jazz is good IMV.

Hope you enjoy the site.
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"