Thread: Hello world!

The Netherlands

Talking Hello world!

Hiyo! My name is Youri, I'm 17 years old and I hail from The Netherlands. My username is the name of a song on one of my favorite albums: "II Transmuter" by genCAB (just throwing that out there.)

My musical taste is one that is constantly expanding, especially in the last few months. At the moment I can usually be found listening to classical music, synthpop, industrial rock, industrial metal, punk rock, oi!, most kinds of metal (mostly oldschool albums), digital hardcore, drum and bass, aggrotech, electro-industrial, industrial, anything cyberpunk, EBM, dark electro, coldwave, gothic rock, deathrock, darkwave and dark cabaret, but if I can also be found listening to dubstep, reggae, oldschool rap, psychedelic rock, synthrock, krautrock, new wave, ambient, noise, power noise, drone, japanoise, hardcore punk, alternative rock, hardcore techno, darkcore, metalcore, psychedelic trance, goa trance, pop (none of the hyped stuff), progressive rock, country, and digital hardcore, but I'm open for just about anything.

From time to time I can be found making music on my computer, usually experimenting with drum samples and freeware synthesizers found somewhere in the corner of the internet. I recently started playing the electric guitar and I would love to learn how to play the piano and drums. I also have an interest for singing, which, of course, I would also love to learn.

So... hello world!

welcome to MD,
    Gryphon will be pleased to have another 'partner in crime' here

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

when are you going to expand your listening tastes
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

United Kingdom

Hello Youri, & welcome to MD.

Your tastes seem to cover most bases, so I'm sure you'll fit in well.

Hope you enjoy the site.
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"