Thread: Joanna Newsom

Default Joanna Newsom

Anyone like her? I've been listening to Ys at least once daily for a few weeks. It really doesn't get old to me. If you haven't heard of her, check that album out. Oh, and she plays harp.

Atlanta, USA

Yeah, I like her. Ys was one of my favorite records from 2006. Have you heard the EP she released last year? I have not, but I expect its good as well.

For those unfamiliar with her she does play the harp (and sings), but she'll appeal to those that like the indie - folk - singer/songwriter set. She has a classical background but plays folk music.

Eugene, OR

I love her voice, she reminds me of a female Devendra Banhart with her vocal style. I don't have Ys though, just The Milk-Eyed Mender. But I enjoy it very much. <3

Milk-Eyed Mender is great. I personally like Ys better, though. Definitely give it a listen.

Just had a quick listen to sprout and the bean on youtube. I really like it :-) her voice is very different, very simple. Reminds me a bit of Regina Spektor's voice in some ways, it might just be the accent tho. I'm definately gonna look into some more of her stuff. :-)