Thread: Ok Im New But

Question Ok Im New But

Is there a certain way were suppose to keep up with others?? I mean I cant find anyone to have a conversation with. If they did respond to a comment I left I on a different thread. How would I know? On another forum you hit new posts and it shows everyones last post on any given thread. The time up to how many seconds ago it was left. I cant seem to spark up any kind of chit chat or anything here though. Am I going about this the wrong way? Is it just a slow day or what?

South Netherlands

Default How the forum works

Hi Hendrixjunkie and welcome to MD

We are not a live forum which has instant responses like MSN ...............there are times when response time can be quick, but that is only when two members on are the forum together.

Mostly MD works by members visiting once or twice a day...

You will find that the mod/admin people are on the forum on a regular basis and visit at least one or twice day...........other members tend to have a slower cycle .

Myself I work like this I post quite often and expect to see a reaction within say 12 hours . That is the norm for me. There are times when I get a response faster than that and there have been a few times when I have had exchanges with other members within minutes but normally we are slower than that.

The main thing is to keep posting and be patient is great place to discuss music but not alawys that fast!

I hope this helps

Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

United Kingdom

The site is still building members, so it can be quiet.

To check all new posts, click on "What's New" button on the green toolbar at the top of page.
    "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"