Thread: Hi everyone, this is me...

Default Hi everyone, this is me...

Hello All,

My name is Jason Alan Johnson, obviously. I am a record producer. I have been active in the business for 13 years. I come from a very musical family that contained a few Motown artists, so I was exposed to music at a young age. I started piano at 6, then played drums in school. I began playing drumset professionally when I was 16 (as soon as I could drive to gigs). I attended the Music Business/Management program at Berklee College of Music. I got started in the business in 1997 promoting concerts. In 2000, I built my first commecial recording facility in Pittsburgh, PA. I recorded more albums than I can remember while in the studio business. In 2004, I left the studio business and founded an small organization called Art Beyond Audio. Art Beyond Audio is a music business concept, and is my life's work. In 2008, I wrote a book called "The Record Producer". I do not sell the book, nor do I sell any kind of service. I just want to spread the Art Beyond Audio philosophy, as I believe that it can dramatically improve the music of the world.

I guess that's everything about me.

From Cape Town, South Africa

I would imagine there's a lot more .... - I really like the 'Art Beyond Audio' name. Touch of class. A lot of thought went into that one! Welcome to the forum - a gathering of music nuts and other assorted fruits!
    Last edited by Jerome; 16-08-2010 at 14:55.

United Kingdom

Hello Jason, & welcome to MD.

I've recently read Greg Milner's Perfecting Sound Forever. Are you familiar with it ??

Hope you enjoy the site.

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Welcome to our home Jason

nice resume
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Wow thanks guys. Your compliment really means a lot to me Jerome. I have not read Perfecting Sound Forever, Tiggi, but I am checking it out right now. Maybe I'll pick up the kindle edition.