Thread: Hola, fellow music lovers

Default Hola, fellow music lovers

My name is Michelle and my favorite thing in life is music. Not only do I listen to it all the time and attend concerts regularly, I also work for a record label in Ann Arbor, MI. I am interested in learning some new music to add to my favorites. I think with my musical knowledge I can also give out some good opinions. Just a few of my favorites are.....

Cursive, The Good Life, Bright Eyes, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, Lucero, Alkaline Trio, Against Me!, Modest Mouse, Murder by Death, NOFX, The Weakerthans, Why?

I love all variations of folk (especially the instrumental rustic kind), anything off the wall and unique. I have recently been getting into trip-hop, or any unique instrumental hip-hop. I also really like old blues - old like, Skip James and Pink Anderson era. Alternative country (like Lucero), or any bluegrass type stuff I am also a big fan of! Come to me if you want to know anything about these types of music or if you have some cool new musicians to let me know about!

Also, if you are a local band from Michigan (or a surrounding state), I am interested in hearing your music as well. If I like what I hear I can possibly help to book your band on a show with one of our touring bands. However do not bother if it is anything resembling hard core, screamo, metal, punk-pop, or anything remotely similar.

I'm excited to hear some new cool stuff!

United Kingdom

Hi Michelle, & welcome to MD.

Your tastes should fit in well here...

Hope you enjoy the site.

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Yes some good ones in your list.
    Welcome to our home
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

South Netherlands

Default Welcome to MD

Welcome to MD
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )