Thread: Do people still make compilations????????

South Netherlands

Default Do people still make compilations????????

I have been working on a few compilation CDs for some friends and it set me to wondering people still do this? and if so what do you put on them?
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

United Kingdom

I haven't made one for ages. The last ones were burned to CD, and occasionally get used if we're entertaining guests. Background only, of course...

I don't think many people still make compilation CD's, but playlists are still widely used and have replaced the conventional compilation.

I personally use playlists all the time. You always need that perfect soundtrack when you have friends or loved one's over.

Sydney, Australia

Actually, I do frequently make CD mixes for road trips although most of them are done from my computer. True, using an iPod is more conventional since you would have a good selection of tunes, but I enjoy the quality of CDs as opposed to electronic media.
    Got some time on your hands? Or wanna check out new (or old) music? Come have a read -