Songs from the soul
I was thinking today that there are a million slow songs, but not too many that you can really 'feel' the singers passion/pain. Songs sung from the very core of their soul. So here's a few of the songs that I think do.
1. My Girl - Nirvana Wow!, right?! This was the first song that came to mind, for obvious reasons.
2. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O Conner Again, obvious. An all time fave song of mine too.
3. Against All Odds - Phil Collins I know, sorta cheesy, but he does sing it with a lot of passion I think.
4. The Beautiful Ones - Prince The scene from the movie is pretty intense, but just the song alone...especially that ending..is a heart gripper!
5. Hurt - NIN Well duh. Lol! Classic tragic 'Goth' song. Oh Trent, you do gloomy so wonderfully.
6. Creep - Radiohead It's another slow build up that by the end your like "ok,we get it!"
7. She's Out Of My Life - Michael Jackson Um, you HEAR him cry at the end. 'Nuff said.
8. Black - Pearl Jam Another song that, even if it weren't sung with heart, I'd still love. But it does have heart and lyrics that are simply poetic. "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star, in someone elses sky/Why, why, why can't it be, can't it be mine?"
Ok, I know there are many I missed or don't know of, so what would be your choices?
Hmmm.... Here we go:
1) The Diamond Ring - Adair
2) Skylines and Turnstiles - My Chemical Romance
3) Swallowed By The Moon - Novembers Doom
4) Round Here - Counting Crows
5) Halo - Machine Head
You're right - there are too many to list =] Or at least too many for me to think of right now.
Great topic =]
Ministry - Vex & Siolence
It gives me goosebumps as this song creeps me out. I can't believe he got out of this. On the first listen I was actually convinced that he would suicide himself soon.