Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Like To Cook Or What Do You Like To Eat?

South Netherlands

Default What Do You Like To Cook Or What Do You Like To Eat?

I think its time for a fun topic:

I love to cook and I like to eat good food so what do you like to cook ? ........................and what is you idea of a great meal ?
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

My 3 favorite foods/meals

Bacon, eggs, hash browns, biscuits
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Atlanta, USA

I love to try new foods at restaurants and when I cook for myself. Because I live in a big city I have access to new restaurants opening every month, many different ethnic groups and their exotic cuisine, and many farmers' markets.

I've always loved pizza and I have made my own ever since working as a line-cook at a high-end Italian restaurant. I like more traditional Italian pizza, like the Margherita style - tomato, sliced mozzarella, basil and extra-virgin olive oil. I love getting it from a restaurant that uses authentic San Marzano tomatoes and Bufala mozzarella cheese. When I make my own pizza I made the dough, sauce, everything.

I also love tacos. I like how versatile they are. You can put just about anything in a taco - and I prefer soft corn taco tortillas.

My next thing I want to try is Persian food.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I love cooking, and make great pizza and also breads and pies, but what I'm known for is Roast Beef with Yorkshire pudding, which just happens to be my favourite meal.
    • Roast Beef
    • Yorkshire pudding
    • Mashed potatoes
    • Gravy, with malt vinegar
    • Carrots
    • Cauliflower, with cheese sauce
    • Homemade buns
    • Wine, tea, coffee
    • Lemon pie

Go and be a little more specific.

Let's see now,

Beef sandwiches(really easy to make) with a Gamay Noir to enhance the powerful juicy overtone;

Scaloppine di pollo but with french fries with an addition of shrimp washed down with dry Riesling wine because they match well;

and ice cream sandwiches for desert.

hope you like it

I'm an ok cook but I think I'm a much better baker (always baked with my mum when I was a kid) - cakes, scones, anything with pastry - I make a mean chocolate eclair - but I very rarely bake anymore - special occasions only, which is a bit of a shame. I'm a bit rigorous with eating healthily so it doesn't really fit in.

I like to eat pizza and burger very much. Also i like to eat different type of sweets.

I like cooking quite a lot of alternative meats such as Ostrich, Bison, Wild Boar etc.

I make a lovely Ostrich and Kiwi dish which is a bit like sweet and sour

Norwich England

I like a lot of things that I can't have now being recently diagnosed as diabetic.
    However I can have unsmoked bacon, grilled crispy with a poached egg for breakfast and today I went out and had roast chicken with loads of veg and lovely thick gravy.
    As for cooking, I am having to sort out some new recipes to suit now.
    It's all good experience.

London, UK

i have recently taken up baking, and have a thing for making chocolate fudge cake at the moment.

i like to eat spicy food
    we can conquer this great divide-hanson