Thread: Hello

Default Hello

absolutely new, but really wanted to get into a forum (which i've been using alot lately tho mostly for computer talk) to discuss music and hopefully get turned on to something new.

took a look at my CD collection and while i love it, i've noticed that i have nothing newer than maybe 6 years old. I NEVER listen to the radio except for Cubs/Sox games and am really turned off by the whole radio/Mtvish way. um.. lets see.. another thing i hate is sub-genre labeling of bands.. tho i lol hearing about "i only listen to hip-hop, metal, house.. fill in your blank".. i love all music that is worth listening too from Huun Huur Tu to Nodes of Ranvier to Janis Joplin to[B] Django Reinhardt...

picked this forum really just because of one thing.. the forum section - Alternative to Mainstream White Music!!, lol.. now that alone is a reason to join.

United Kingdom

Hi Cross-eyed, & welcome to MD.

Members with eclectic tastes are always welcome here.

Hope you enjoy the site, but get something done about that eye, it's off-putting...

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom

Welcome to MD. Please blog any music that you listen to.

See you on the boards

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Welcome to the forum

and you're not allowed to be both a Cubs and a Sox fan.
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Music Head View Post
    you're not allowed to be both a Cubs and a Sox fan.
    lol.. i'm a Cubs fan but also a baseball fan, and will listen/watch the sox regularly, hell i even like following Milwaukee and St. Louie :P