Thread: An album you consider a treat

Default An album you consider a treat

Does any of you guys have any albums you love, but only listen to rarely (as a treat really) because you'd be afraid that if you play them too much, you'd get fed up of them? I have three I ALWAYS come back to, but listen to them rarely:-

1) THE CURE - Disintegration
    2) REM - Automatic For The People
    3) MARK HOLLIS - Mark Hollis

I'd say these albums are completely flawless IMO.

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

I guess pretty much all of my albums fall into this category, considering the size of my library (around 4000 titles), and I don't play anything over until it comes back up again in the rotation. The only exception to that is when I buy something new, it gets heavy play for a week or so. Latest estimate, it takes me around 5 years to go through my collection.
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

United Kingdom

I'm very much the same as Ed, but tend not to do the heavy rotation bit with new albums.

Things get a bit ceremonial when the Pink Floyd albums come out...

South Netherlands

Default The View From The Gryphon's Chair

I can't say that, if it is an album I love I will get tired of it........I tend to feel the opposite .......If it is a true classic then to me , it will stand the test of time......if it is well recorded and has been lovingly crafted by the artist and producer..then I will always be able to find a new part or hear it in a new context..................Also as I experience new pieces of music , I often find this allows me a new window on older classics that somehow mature into this new context and sound even better.
    Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
    Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
    It's the strangest elation
    I can't describe it
    Oh it leaves a man weary
    It makes a man frown.
    .............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )