Page 633 of 638 FirstFirst ... 133533583623631632633634635 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 6372

Thread: What Are You Listening To?

I was probably 11 or 12 when I paid 25 cents for Bowie's Space Oddity. To this day I still don't know what it means, but I find it extremely powerful. Imagine a 12 year old knowing the lyrics to this. Not quite Sugar Sugar by the Archies.

Once I put this on my CD player, it stays for a week or two. It's there now.

Listening to Colin Bass today, and jumping around a bit - first up An Outcast Of The Islands, the debut solo album of this most appropriately named member of Camel, and a mighty fine debut it was too; all written by Bass but the addition of Andy Latimer’s guitar to a number of tracks didn’t hurt! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upkK4C6RzHs, followed by “Drafted” from Nude just because I love it, one of my alltime favourite tracks, and it’s Colin singing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RAHpqQhZ44, and finally, his latest album Wild End which is a little on the slow side in places, but which ends on a high note with the gorgeous title track that once again includes the impeccable guitar of AL –

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

'Drafted' is one of my favourite tracks as well. That soaring guitar of Mr Latimer's is just stunning.
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

A match made in heaven - Harris and Knopfler - https://youtu.be/q88_lFFoZRE

A trip down memory lane - Uriah Heep's 'The Magicians Birthday'. Still holds up for me even after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    A trip down memory lane - Uriah Heep's 'The Magicians Birthday'. Still holds up for me even after all these years.
    to be honest Jerome, ive never heard a Uriah Heep album, cant recall ever hearing them at all but I know of them...
    is there an album of theirs that you think I should listen to to get an idea about them, or an album of theirs you think I would like?

I would recommend 'Demons and Wizards'. Some great tracks on that. 'Look At Yourself' would be a close second for me. Not sure whether you would like them or not but those would be my favourites.

thanks Jerome, like them or not, I have a starting point, appreciate it mate

listened to the first four tracks off "demons and wizards" Jerome...
    loved the opening track "the wizard", liked the other three that followed it,
    will listen to the rest of the album tomorrow.
    will try out the other album you mentioned after DAW has been listened to

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    I would recommend 'Demons and Wizards'. Some great tracks on that. 'Look At Yourself' would be a close second for me. Not sure whether you would like them or not but those would be my favourites.
    ok,
    Demons And Wizards would get a pass mark from me for a first up listen Jerome.
    a couple of tracks I wasn't keen on, but most were pretty good...
    loved the opening track "the wizard" which I thought was brilliant.

do Uriah Heep do much acoustic material???