Thread: Soundgarden News

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Default Soundgarden News

guess that solo gig ain't workin' out

from breaking news

Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell has announced the band will be working together again.

The Seattle band – Chris, guitarist Kim Thayil, bassist Ben Shepherd and drummer Matt Cameron – have not played live since splitting in 1997.

“The 12-year break is over and school is back in session, sign up now - Knights of the Soundtable ride again!” Cornell wrote on Twitter.

He then directs fans to website, which invites people to sign up for updates. reports the group are weighing offers from several US and international festivals, but a tour schedule is still in the works, due to Cameron’s prior commitments to play with Pearl Jam in the spring and summer.
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

this is great news...hope it rocks...this is my 2nd favorite seattle band...

I actually missed this too. I better start paying closer attention to this forum. I would LOVE to see Soundgarden return to times far more so "real" than their last few albums. I still think Badmotorfinger may be one of the heaviest albums my ears have ever heard. That's saying a lot considering my favorite band of all time is Black Sabbath.

SOUNDGARDEN To Release 'Echo Of Miles: Scattered Tracks Across The Path' 3-CD Rarities Collection

... Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
    Put your ray gun to my head ...