released Dec 8th

from the album - My Hood
YouTube - My Hood BG feat Mannie Fresh NEW OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO bgizzle 2009

from amg

B.G. was among the first rappers on Cash Money Records, and though he eventually departed from the label and forged his own path through the rap industry, he remains associated with Cash Money, with which he enjoyed his greatest success, most notably the epochal 1999 hit "Bling Bling." Born Christopher Dorsey on September 3, 1980, in New Orleans, LA, B.G. made his recording debut in 1995, at age 14, on the Cash Money album True Story, also featuring Lil Wayne (then only 11 years old) and Mannie Fresh (Cash Money's longtime in-house producer). Three albums — Chopper City (1996), It's All on U, Vol. 1 (1997), and It's All on U, Vol. 2 (1997) — followed, along with the debut album by the Hot Boys (a group featuring B.G.), Get It How U Live! (1997), before Cash Money signed a major-label distribution deal with Universal Records.

B.G.'s next album, Chopper City in the Ghetto (1999), was among the first Cash Money albums to benefit from the distribution deal with Universal, spawning the nationwide hit single "Bling Bling" (thus popularizing the term) and reaching platinum status. A second Hot Boys album, Guerrilla Warfare (1999), was released in the wake of this success, and it likewise went platinum, spawning a pair of hits ("We on Fire," "I Need a Hot Girl"). Also in 1999, Cash Money, at the height of its popularity, went about reissuing some of its back catalog titles, including True Story and Chopper City. B.G.'s next album, Checkmate (2000), was his last for Cash Money, as he left following a dispute over money.

In 2002 B.G. formed his own label, Chopper City Records (distributed by Koch), and subsequently released Livin' Legend (2003), a bitter album that aired out his beef with Cash Money rappers Brian "Baby" Williams (aka Birdman) and Lil Wayne. A series of Chopper City releases followed, including Life After Cash Money (2004), The Heart of tha Streetz, Vol. 1 (2005), The Heart of tha Streetz, Vol. 2 (2006), and We Got This (2007), the latter a collaborative album featuring his affiliate group, the Chopper City Boyz. The four-man group was whittled down to a duo when their second effort, Life in the Concrete Jungle, arrived in 2008.

album review from hip hop wired

Controversy and trouble has a way of following B.G. The New Orleans dweller came to notoriety as a member of Cash Money Records' Hot Boy$ crew and blessed the Hip-Hop community and the Oxford dictionary with the hit “Bling Bling,” off his first major label debut, Chopper City in the Ghetto. A year later, B.G. released his last album on Cash Money with Checkmate, and left the famed label for alleged money discrepancies-a move that left many of Cash Money fans disappointed. Moving on to Koch Records, where he released several albums under his Chopper City brand, B.G. kept the music coming for his fans, but often found himself in the press for his rancid drug use and run-ins with the law instead.

Now with the dark clouds slightly behind him (he still has a pending court case) and a new deal with Atlantic Records, B.G. is back to what he does best on, Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood. The album lives up to the hype throughout, as B.G. provides street clad lyrics over grimy production, making Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood one of B.G.'s best releases to date.

Beginning with a bang Gizzle boasts, “The wait is over/ everybody is all ears/ I hit the stage everybody is all cheers/ they just don't know I've been ready to get the ball/ now that I got the ball beware of the underdog,” on the effective into “Fuck the Game Up.”

Not one to play into the mainstream B.G. effortlessly gives away supreme cruddy bangers like “I Swar,” “Chopper City Is an Army,” and “Keep It 100,” while sticking to his sluggish flow and unadulterated subject material. Not to be outdone, one of the enjoyable cuts of the album - “Hit the Block and Roll,” stand out with its guitar riffs and B.G.'s welcomed energetic flow.

Containing street anthems galore, B.G. sticks to the game plan when he brings top notch guests to the block party. T.I. steps into the fold on one of the only tracks fit enough to be played on radio on “4 A Minute.” On “I Hustle,” Young Jeezy and B.G. spew off gutter talk over heavy drums, making it one of the LP's highlights. Although the line-up of Juvenile, Lil Wayne and B.G. is enough to keep Cash Money fans all ears on “Ya Heard Me,” fans would be disappointed, because the track lacks a great beat and stales in comparison to what you expect from a partial Hot Boy$ reunion.

For those fans who were waiting for a B.G. album, Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood, is reason to believe B.G. is a generous gift giver for the holidays. By sticking to his comfort zone and playing to his street wise strengths, B.G. has proved that he has the know how and awareness to produce what his listeners want, all the while creating one of his best efforts to date. Let's just hope he never goes Hollywood.

Track Listing

1 F*** The Game Up Dorsey 2:14
2 I Swar Dorsey, Smith 5:15
3 N**** Owe Me Some Money Dorsey, Miller 4:13
4 F****** U Right Dorsey 3:23
5 My Hood Dorsey 3:58
6 Hit The Block & Roll Dorsey 4:03
7 Like Yeah Dorsey 4:09
8 F*** Thang Dorsey 4:09
9 Back To The Money Dorsey, Pellegrini 4:23
10 Ya Heard Me Dorsey, Najm 4:37
11 Chopper City Is An Army Dorsey 3:59