Thread: Orphan - Aborted by Birth

Default Orphan - Aborted by Birth

"Armed with drums and (ultra distorted) bass only, this heavy, hellbound girl-boy two-piece from Brooklyn crashes and bashes though ten trashed tracks of roughhewn rumble, making quite a crazed art-metal-noise racket. The drummer (girl, Speck Brown) pounds the skins with brutal abandon. Meanwhile the bassist (boy, Brendan Majewski) sings, in the most vicious nasty shriek he can muster, which is indeed brutal too, all the while ripping out the distorted riffage - which can get kinda catchy, on such negative creep cuts as "Love Is For The Birds". Elsewhere they lay waste to such troubling topics as "Penis Farm", "Swan Blood", and "Jane Fonda".
    Titling their album Aborted By Birth may be intended to draw comparisons to death metallers Cannibal Corpse, if only to stress their metallic bona fides, since otherwise they probably get a lot of Lightning Bolt references, due to the bass-drums duo setup. Naturally, godheadSilo, Jucifer, and Israel's Barbara would be other good comparisons.
    By the way, if you go on YouTube and look 'em up, you'll find some pretty cool, arty homemade videos for each of this album's songs!
    Released on evil white vinyl only, limited to 666 numbered copies."
    - aquarius records

Amazmafying sludgy rock/metal amalgam (sometimes it has even a black-metalish nuance to it) by this bass-drum-duo. This album is a goddamn masterpiece.

PM if you're interested.

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

glad to see you posting some of these Iota

A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Sk, Canada

Its quite the thing...
    ~~Im Not Gonna Stand Here And Wait. I'll Hold On To The Wings Of The Eagles! ~~ Nickelback
    ~~If I'm Crazy Enough To Think It, I'm Crazy Enough To Say It~~ Eminem
    ~~Most People Live And Die With Their Music Still Unplayed. They Never Dare To Try!