Thread: Lucinda Williams Passionate Kisses Live

Default Lucinda Williams Passionate Kisses Live

If you know Lucinda Williams she's magnificent. She packs them in wherever she plays. But, she truly embodies "rock and roll" and all it's vices. It's funny because she's written so many wonderful songs about it's downfall. She's living it.

Her live shows are wonderful. She's loose and surrounds herself with excellent musicians. So wherever she goes, they'll follow and sound perfect.

She did a week at (I believe it was) Town Hall in NYC years ago and each night did two sets. One a mixture of anything she wanted to play and the second an entire album from beginning to end. That's a lot of material.

This is from the Lucinda Williams (self titled/my favorite album) night. Passionate Kisses... It's strange, bizarre, and totally magnificent.

When you play live, shit can happen. It's those nights that take you off your game for a minute, if you're exceptional, it's makes it magic.

A magical Lucinda Williams moment.

Lead Vocalist

I have a lot of her releases, my favorite is Live @ the Fillmore. I've also seen her live a few times, that can be a hit or miss situation, her voice can get pretty ragged sometimes.

One of my favourite artists!
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON