Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Music Charts for 2017

Default Weekly Music Charts for 2017

starting this one for the new year

Billboard has some strange dating scheme
    although it is not 2017 yet, the first chart of the year is out

January 7th

Billboard positions for new releases on the Top 100 Songs chart for this week

41. Gucci Mane ft. Drake - Both
    44. Jose Feliciano - Feliz Navidad
    46. Burl Ives - A Holly Jolly Christmas
    48. Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
    50. Wham - Last Christmas
    58. Chris Brown ft. Usher & Gucci Mane - Party
    91. DJ Luke Nasty - OTW
    92. 21 Savage - Red Opps
    99. Rae Sremmurd - Swang

Billboard positions for new releases and re-entries on the Top 200 Albums chart for this week

new

11. Kid Cudi - Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin'
    16. Gucci Mane - The Return Of East Atlanta Santa
    29. Soundtrack - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    31. Nine Inch Nails - Not The Actual Events (ep)
    35. Tony Bennett - Celebrates 90
    42. The Lox - Filthy America...It's Beautiful
    181. Various Artists - This Is A Challenge
    198. Jon Batiste - Christmas With Jon Batiste

re-entry

121. Rush - 2112
    124. Beatles - 1
    137. 2Pac - Greatest Hits
    145. Eagles - Greatest Hits 1971-1975
    165. David Bowie - Legacy
    168. Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits
    170. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    171. Cole Swindell - You Should Be Here
    176. Various Artists - NOW That's What I Call Country #1's
    177. Eminem - Curtain Call: The Hits
    180. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
    183. Dierks Bentley - Black
    185. Panic! At The Disco - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!
    186. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle: 20 Greatest Hits
    187. Michael Jackson - Essential
    188. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Chapter & Verse
    196. The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It
    199. My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
    200. Skillet - Unleashed
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

i know, its stupid, the chart is for the previous 7 days, not a prediction of the forthcoming week,
    therefore it should be the last chart of 2016...
    i simply don't get why or how they've worked that out like that...

its like last year in the biggest selling lists,
    even though "25" was released mid November it didn't count in the US end of year sales because they count sales from Nov-Nov for some reason,
    was really stupid because "25" topped the 2015 EOY charts everywhere except the US where it somehow failed to sell a solitary copy in 7 weeks???
    crazy way of compiling data IMO!

BTW,
    despite a new chart week coming out, i still expect you to listen to Neil Young's "peace trail" from last weeks list!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY-HORSE View Post
    BTW,
    despite a new chart week coming out, i still expect you to listen to Neil Young's "peace trail" from last weeks list!
    yes sir
    on the schedule for today
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

Jan 14th, 2017

71. Big Sean - Moves
    79. Dustin Lynch - Seein' Red
    80. KYLE ft. Lil Yachty - iSpy
    90. Michael Ray - Think A Little Less
    95. Kodak Black - No Flockin
    96. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie ft. DJ Spinking - Timeless
    98. Kaleo - Way Down We Go
    99. Olivia O'Brien - Hate U Love U
    100. Daddy Yankee - Shaky Shaky

Billboard positions for new releases and re-entries on the Top 200 Albums chart for this week

new

16. Yo Gotti - White Friday (CM9)
    35. Run The Jewels - 3
    161. Twenty One Pilots x MuteMath - TOP X MM: The MuteMath Sessions
    200. Shawn Mendes - Live At Madison Square Garden

re-entry

12. George Michael - TwentyFive
    18. George Michael - Faith
    68. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
    84. George Michael - Ladies & Gentlemen: Best Of
    108. Shawn Mendes - Handwritten
    118. Fetty Wap - Fetty Wap
    136. Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
    139. Twenty One Pilots - Twenty One Pilots
    147. Lukas Graham - Lukas Graham
    152. Drake & Future - What A Time To Be Alive
    153. Flume - Skin
    154. X Ambassadors - VHS
    159. James Arthur - Back From The Edge
    162. Rae Sremmurd - SremmLife
    166. Charlie Puth - Nine Track Mind
    167. Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
    168. Wham! - Make It Big
    169. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits
    170. Drake - Nothing Was The Same
    174. Gnash - Us (ep)
    175. Fall Out Boy - American Beauty / American Psycho
    176. Arctic Monkeys - AM
    178. Lil Yachty - Lil' Boat
    179. Beyonce - Beyonce
    180. Eagles - Very Best Of
    182. G-Eazy - These Things Happen
    185. Troye Sivan - Blue Neighbourhood
    186. Logic - Bobby Tarantino
    187. Partynextdoor - 3
    189. Nirvana - Nevermind
    190. Brett Eldredge - Illinois
    191. Selena Gomez - Revival
    194. Elvis Presley - 30 #1 Hits
    195. Carrie Underwood - Greatest Hits: Decade #1
    Will Rogers

UK singles charts for week ending 6th January:

Clean Bandit have scooped a ninth week at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart, escalating their success to even further heights.Rockabye, which was also the 2016 Christmas Number 1, is only the 18th song in history to spend nine or more weeks at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart. The Sean Paul and Anne-Marie assisted track now joins the likes of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy (2006) and Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Two Tribes (1984), who also managed nine weeks at the top spot.

Rag'n'Bone Man's Human climbs one place to Number 2 to return to its peak position, pushing last week's runner-up Zara Larsson down one spot to 3 with I Would Like. Little Mix hold firm at Number 4 with Touch, while The Weeknd's Starboy rebounds three places to Number 5.
    New entries and high climbers

The fall of several Christmas songs out of this week’s chart has cleared the way for number of new entries and big climbers. Neiked's Sexual returns to the Top 10 this week - up five places to Number 6 - while The Weeknd and Daft Punk's I Feel It Coming vaults six places to Number 13.
    JP Cooper's September Song marks his solo debut within the Top 40, catapulting 29 placings to this week's Number 16. Another huge climber in Love Me Now by John Legend follows at 17, a new peak for the song which rises from last week's 38.
    More leaps come courtesy of Justin Timberlake's Can't Stop the Feeling (up 18 to Number 21), Robbie Williams' Love My Life which hits a new peak of 22, Zayn and Taylor Swift's I Don't Wanna Live Forever (up from 36 to Number 23), and Drake's One Dance which returns to the Top 40 after a one week absence (24).
    Australian artist Starley reaches the Top 40 with her debut single Call on Me, which ascends 25 rungs to Number 26 in its eighth week on the chart. DJ Snake's Let Me Love You returns to the top flight from last week’s 41 to Number 30 today, while Charli XCX's After the Afterparty hits a new personal best at 31.
    Finally, a further two tracks impact the Top 40 for the very first time. Jax Jones and Raye's You Don't Know Me springs 48 places to Number 33, while Adele's Water Under the Bridge becomes the megastar's 13th Top 40 single (40).

UK songs chart that counts streaming figures + sales figures: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/ #1 CLEAN BANDIT

UK songs chart that counts sales from digital and physical sales: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...s-sales-chart/ #1 RAG'N BONE MAN

UK singles chart that counts physical sales (cds and vinyl figures): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...singles-chart/ #1 RAG'N BONE MAN

UK singles chart that only counts the sales of vinyl singles: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...singles-chart/ #1 GEORGE MICHAEL

UK albums charts for week ending 6th January:

Little Mix’s Glory Days continue as the group’s latest collection keeps its place at Number 1 on this week’s Official Albums Chart.The album – the quartet’s fourth – logs a fourth week at the summit. The last girl group album to notch up as many weeks at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart was Destiny’s Child, who managed four weeks at the top in 2001/2002 with Survivor.
    Glory Days was one of the ten biggest albums of 2016 – To date, its combined sales stand at 434,000.
    Little Mix hold off strong competition this week from Pete Tong’s Classic House, a collection of dance classics re-worked in collaboration with the Heritage Orchestra. The album vaults from 24 to Number 2 today following a stellar performance on Graham Norton’s New Year’s Eve Show.
    New entries and high climbers

In the absence of new releases this week, a number of albums make big gains on the chart, benefitting from the January sales.
    Adele’s 25 returns to the Top 10 for the first time in five months, leaping seven places to Number 7, while Christine & The Queens’ debut record Chaleur Humaine zooms 52 spots to 19. The Moana film soundtrack makes its Top 40 debut at 27, a climb of 38 places, Jess Glynne’s I Cry When I Laugh leaps ten to Number 34, and Justin Bieber’s Purpose is up six places to Number 40.
    Finally, the untimely death of George Michael is still being felt on the chart this week – his retrospective Ladies & Gentlemen is at Number 11, while Wham’s The Final album climbs nine spots to 31.

UK albums chart that includes all sales figures plus those of streaming: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/ #1 LITTLE MIX

UK albums chart that only counts actual sales of albums: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...s-sales-chart/ #1 LITTLE MIX

UK albums chart that counts the sales of physical albums (cd/vinyl): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...-albums-chart/ #1 MICHAEL BALL & ALFIE BOE

UK albums chart that only counts the sales of vinyl albums: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...-albums-chart/ #1 AMY WINEHOUSE

Australian charts for week ending 7th January:

singles:

For the sixth straight week, Clean Bandit’s ‘Rockabye’ holds #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart. The track was #66 on the 2016 ARIA End Of Year Singles Chart.
    In its fourth week in the chart Zayn & Taylor Swift’s ‘I Don’t Wanna Live Forever’ returns to its debut position of #3.
    With ‘Starboy’ sitting at #2 for a twelfth week, The Weeknd picks up a second top ten entry for the week and the fourth of his career with ‘I Feel It Coming’ hitting #7. It’s up four spots from last week.
    Sydney artist Starley jumps into the top ten for the first time at #8 with ‘Call On Me - Ryan Riback Remix’. It’s the single’s seventh week in the top 50.
    A move of four to #9 gives American singer-songwriter Andy Grammer his first appearance in the ARIA top ten. The track has already hit the top ten in New Zealand.
    There’s new peaks also this week for Mura Masa’s Love$ick (#18), Pnau’s ‘Chameleon’ (#22), Train’s ‘Play That Song’ (#23), Milky Chance’s ‘Cocoon’ (#29), Robin Shulz & David Guetta’s ‘Shed A Light’ (#31), Rag'N'Bone Man (#34) and The xx’s ‘On Hold’ (#45).
    Debuts:
    #40: Sage The Gemini ‘Now And Later’ – The debut top 50 appearance for American rapper Sage The Gemini. ‘Now And Later’ comes from his forthcoming second album Bachelor Party, due for release this year.

the link to the top50 singles chart: http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/singles-chart

albums:

Jumping up five spots, the soundtrack to the DreamWorks’ animated film Trolls claims the #1 on this week’s ARIA Albums Chart. The album hits the top spot in its seventh week in the top 50 and includes the Justin Timberlake single ‘Can't Stop The Feeling!’ (#3 May ’16).
    In the same week Adele’s 25 claims #1 on the ARIA End Of Year Albums Chart for the second consecutive year, it moves back up one spot on the weekly chart.
    After debuting at #21 last week, the Sing soundtrack hits the top five for the first time this week at #3.
    The Moama soundtrack also moves into the top five in its second week in the chart, climbing from last week’s debut spot of #25 to #4.
    After returning to the top 50 last week, George Michael’s Ladies & Gentlemen... The Best Of... this week moves back into the top ten for the first time since August 1999. Two other titles by George Michael sit in this week’s top 50: Twenty Five (#13) and Faith (#36).
    This week’s chart includes moves for the likes of The Weeknd’s Starboy (up three to #10), Little Mix’s Glory Days (up five to #14), Shawn Mendes’ Lemonade (up ten to #24), Beyoncé’s Lemonade (up 22 to #25) and Childish Gambino’s "Awaken, My Love!" (up 12 to #34).
    Debuts:
    #31: Soundtrack ‘La La Land’ – The soundtrack to hit musical La La Land includes performances by the film’s stars Ryan Gossling, Emma Stone, John Legend and more. Currently only available as a download, the album could move further up the chart when a physical version emerges later in January.

the link for the top50 albums: http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart

Jan 21st, 2017

92. Chris Young ft. Vince Gill - Sober Saturday Night
    93. Travis Scott - Beibs In The Trap
    94. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
    95. Brantley Gilbert - The Weekend
    100. Ugly God - Water

new

76. Pink Guy - Pink Season
    181. Various Artists - Maranatha! Music: Top 25 Praise Songs, 2017 Edition

re-entry

97. DNCE - DNCE
    105. Queen - Greatest Hits
    110. Phil Collins - The Singles
    114. Chicago - Very Best Of: Only The Beginning
    123. Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002
    131. Future - EVOL
    135. Nicki Minaj - The Pinkprint
    138. Billy Joel - Essential
    139. Hozier - Hozier
    141. Tory Lanez - I Told You
    143. The Weeknd - Trilogy
    146. 6LACK - Free 6LACK
    150. Kaleo - A / B
    152. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2
    155. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    156. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie - TBA (ep)
    157. Frank Sinatra - Nothing But The Best
    159. Kodak Black - Lil Big Pac
    161. Jeremih - Late Nights: The Album
    164. Eminem - Recovery
    166. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle: 20 Greatest Hits
    167. Childish Gambino - Because The Internet
    171. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
    172. Meghan Trainor - Title
    174. J. Cole - Born Sinner
    176. Old Dominion - Meat And Candy
    178. Big Sean - Dark Sky Paradise
    184. Flo Rida - My House (ep)
    185. Lumineers - Lumineers
    186. Zac Brown Band - Greatest Hits So Far...
    187. Usher - Hard II Love
    189. Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks 1964-1971
    190. Florida Georgia Line - Here's To The Good Times
    191. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
    192. Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Ultimate Hits: Rock And Roll Never Forgets
    193. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits
    194. Logic - Under Pressure
    196. Notorious B.I.G. - Greatest Hits
    197. Luke Bryan - Crash My Party
    198. AC/DC - Back In Black
    199. Kanye West - Graduation
    200. Beyonce - I Am...Sasha Fierce
    Will Rogers

well that's sad
    looks like I get another week off
    Will Rogers