from pop eater

Mariah Carey has long carried the "diva" title, and she's got the cred and record sales to back it up. The best-selling female artist in music history has a reputation for lavish demands, and a British presenter who saw Carey in her studio is now documenting some of the singer's more outlandish requests, including her own custom toilet paper.

Carey was in Britain to film a segment on 'X Factor' and also to do a sit-down interview with GMTV's Lorraine Kelly. During that time, Kelly's colleague Kate Garraway was in the network's studios and witnessed Carey and her "hilarious" entourage. "I've heard a lot of rumours about her being a diva over the years and guess what? It turns out it's all true!" Garraway tells New! Magazine (via Daily Mail).

"They outnumbered the entire GMTV crew," Garraway says of Carey's entourage. She goes on to say that the Grammy winner "had two people to lower her on to the GMTV sofa, in case her dress got crushed."

Aside from that, Garraway says Carey had "one person to walk in front of her backwards at all times in case she fell over and several people behind the camera making sure she was going to be filmed from the right angle!"

Puzzled by the events and what she allegedly witnessed, Garraway asks: "Have you ever heard anything like it? Oh, and she brought her own toilet roll as well."

Carey recently faced similar scorn during a commercial shoot in which she admits that even her two Jack Russell puppies had security.

"I had my team with me but the pups had a mini entourage of their own, of course! And why wouldn't they? It was a big shoot and even my entourage had an entourage - my stylist had an assistant, my security had extra security," Carey said in an interview.