released Nov 17th

from the album - One Time

from amg

Pop/R&B singer Justin Bieber was just barely into his teens when he was discovered by talent agent and former So So Def marketing executive Scooter Braun. An Ontario native, Bieber placed second in a local singing competition in 2007 and began posting contest videos on YouTube. The videos caught the attention of Braun, who helped Bieber gain an impromptu audition with R&B star Usher. Impressed by what he saw, Usher, along with Island Def Jam chairman L.A. Reid, quickly signed the 15-year-old Bieber to a recording contract. Bieber released the single "One More Time" along with a video in 2009. His debut album, My World, was released in November 2009.

album review

Within a couple years, Canadian teenager Justin Bieber went from covering Usher on YouTube to working with Usher. An internet sensation from his renditions of several pop and pop-oriented R&B hits, he was still only 15 years old when he released this, his first album — though it's more like an EP since it is contains only seven songs that are 25 minutes in duration. Given the comfort level he showed in the material he covered, My World plays it straight, based on the kind of age-appropriate content that would fill out a release from a younger Chris Brown or a junior version of Ne-Yo. Members of the Clutch, Midi Mafia, “Tricky” Stewart, Usher, and a handful of other notable producers and songwriters grant Bieber a set of songs that isn't quite top-level quality, but the singer more than gets by on his squeaky-clean charm and natural ability.

Track Listing

1 One Time Bunton, Stewart 3:35
2 Favorite Girl 4:16
3 Down To Earth Bieber, Nugent, Risto 4:05
4 Bigger Bieber, Nugent, Risto ... 3:17
5 One Less Lonely Girl Hamilton, Lewis, Muhammad ... 3:49
6 First Dance Bieber, Raymond, Reynolds 3:42
7 Love Me Svensson 3:13