Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What Are Your Personal Pet Peeves?

and because they don't have to...computers "spellcheck" for them, and when there is no spellcheck they haven't got a clue...!

kids nowadays are not taught nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives etc at school,
    they're not taught how to set out essays neither...

And up here there is no such things as failing !!!! Everybody passes...if you fail them it will hurt their self esteem ...straight from the horse's mouth!...unbelievable!!!
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON

Record Label Executive Oceansoul's Avatar

When I'm looking for something and can't find it and it's right in front of me.

That I have craptastic awareness of my surroundings at times haha.
    "One must work and dare if one really wants to live." - Vincent Van Gogh

Record Label Executive Oceansoul's Avatar

In the US, it's mostly seen as the student's responsibility to come to school, do the work, and learn. If you fail a grade then you have to repeat it, if you fail an assignment or a test then it will reflect on your grades and such.

But there are some teachers who for whatever reasons avoid failing a student even though their performance in class is below standards.
    Last edited by Oceansoul; 21-04-2017 at 13:03.
    "One must work and dare if one really wants to live." - Vincent Van Gogh

Record Label Executive Lovely Linda's Avatar

Drug pushers on the street corners and the cops know but will do nothing.
    My "Mom and Dad" used to live in a bad section of town. Every time I went to see them drug
    dealers would be on the street corner. We could see them plainly selling drugs so I know
    the cops knew but did nothing. The cops even had a post on the street but did not stay long.
    Guess they got scared. Killings were going on there as well.

Modern Country: You don't have to stay in key. They will put you in key.. Merle Haggard

https://youtu.be/qgiILl_F7O8

Record Label Executive Lovely Linda's Avatar

Another PP I have are people who tell me they love me but hope the worse for me.
    Especially family members. I know they think I am stupid enough not to know but I'm not.
    AS Cathy has told me, we came from bad stock. Sad but true.

Modern Country: You don't have to stay in key. They will put you in key.. Merle Haggard

https://youtu.be/qgiILl_F7O8