Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Personal Pet Peeves?

Ocean,
    you will become patient with age, its a natural progression for most people.

Band Manager James Otto Sweet Heart's Avatar

People who have no desire to listen to anyone other than themselves is another pet peeve that I have. I just now told my mom about all of the wrapping that I still have to do today and this right here is what she said to me in return: "I still have Christmas shopping to do. Will you go with me?" The only thing that came to my mind due to her lack of listening was this song from Toby Keith, I wanted to slap her so badly!!!

God bless you and Toby and my mom always!!!

Holly
    Last edited by James Otto Sweet Heart; 23-12-2016 at 17:34.
    Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!

lol
    Holly's dark side is emerging
    I knew if she stuck around long enough......
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Band Manager James Otto Sweet Heart's Avatar

^^^ Everyone has one I am sure. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly
    Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!

Record Label Executive Oceansoul's Avatar

When I'm in the middle of a great conversation and suddenly forget what I was going to say to the other person.

/brain
    "One must work and dare if one really wants to live." - Vincent Van Gogh

When I randomly stumble upon a person I know I have met and spoken to before, but I just can't remember when, where and what we spoke about. This person gives you a big smile and begins to speak, asking you questions bout things indicating he/she knows a lot about you - and smilingly I answer and asks "safe" questions in return while my brain feverishly tries to recall anything about the opposite person...
    Sometimes my strategy succeeds, but quite often it ends up with the other guy asking me "You don't recognize me, do you?"

bob_32_116

Quote Originally Posted by MFS View Post
    When I randomly stumble upon a person I know I have met and spoken to before, but I just can't remember when, where and what we spoke about. This person gives you a big smile and begins to speak, asking you questions bout things indicating he/she knows a lot about you - and smilingly I answer and asks "safe" questions in return while my brain feverishly tries to recall anything about the opposite person...
    Sometimes my strategy succeeds, but quite often it ends up with the other guy asking me "You don't recognize me, do you?"
    I've runinto one particular guy at the gym several times, he always says Hi, how's it going Bob. I cannot for the life of me think who it is. Probably a former work or Uni colleague, but someone from some time ago whose appearance has altered with time.

I've had this several times. People I have not seen for years recognise me, and I don't recognise them, and even after they tell me who they are I still don't think I would have recognised them. Does that mean I am holding my age well? I like to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    I've runinto one particular guy at the gym several times, he always says Hi, how's it going Bob. I cannot for the life of me think who it is. Probably a former work or Uni colleague, but someone from some time ago whose appearance has altered with time.

I've had this several times. People I have not seen for years recognise me, and I don't recognise them, and even after they tell me who they are I still don't think I would have recognised them. Does that mean I am holding my age well? I like to think so.
    Keep thinking that way
    Last edited by MFS; 17-01-2017 at 23:08.

Record Label Executive Oceansoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    This happens to me too. Someone I don't recognize and can't place in my memories will know me and talk to me like we're great friends or use to be. Talk about awkward.
    "One must work and dare if one really wants to live." - Vincent Van Gogh

^ They're too lazy to get the apostrophe J Man!
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON