Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ty Dolla $ign "campaign"

Default Ty Dolla $ign "campaign"

Ty Dolla $ign "campaign"

Spotify listen:

I knew I was due for something really bad and I got it!
    a "mixtape" apparently...
    same old crap we've heard a billion and one times now...
    lots of "p####", "b####", "f###ing" etc etc, you know how it goes with these guys!...
    at least I have a genuine "disposable" one this week...
    FILE - 13

from the mixtape:

lol
    good on ya mate
    for your effort
    coming my way soon I expect
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

someone had to take one for the team...LMAO

I felt your pain

enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #28

Spotify spin

I looked the lyrics up on this one
    hoping it would help me understand
    it didn't

A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Record Label Executive Oceansoul's Avatar

Why do you two listen to artists you know you don't like? Just wondering. I don't usually do that if I know what to expect out of artists or bands I don't like, also it sounds painful to make myself listen to them without a good reason.
    "Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath." -Black Sabbath, "A National Acrobat"

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansoul View Post
    Why do you two listen to artists you know you don't like? Just wondering. I don't usually do that if I know what to expect out of artists or bands I don't like, also it sounds painful to make myself listen to them without a good reason.
    an obvious question after seeing some of the crap I post

I have always liked to listen to new music that the (m)asses are listening to
    I know I won't like most of it but I still want to know
    plus it's fun to make fun of how bad some of it is
    In addition to that OCD thing
    being a moderator of the site
    I feel an obligation to post new music that a member may have interest in
    just because I don't like it doesn't mean someone else would feel the same
    So i post them to provoke good or bad responses
    you know, to create some Music Discussion

I will let CH type for himself
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Music Head View Post
    an obvious question after seeing some of the crap I post

I have always liked to listen to new music that the (m)asses are listening to
    I know I won't like most of it but I still want to know
    plus it's fun to make fun of how bad some of it is
    In addition to that OCD thing
    being a moderator of the site
    I feel an obligation to post new music that a member may have interest in
    just because I don't like it doesn't mean someone else would feel the same
    So i post them to provoke good or bad responses
    you know, to create some Music Discussion

I will let CH type for himself
    Eh, I understand why you post music including music you do not like personally because there are people who might enjoy listening to them or who are fans that would be interested in their new releases. I was just wondering why you listen to it, even if you don't have to. I will sometimes check out an artist if I hear a lot of hype by different people just to see what the deal is and to see how I feel about them.

If it's an artist I don't care for or I just can't connect with their music then I struggle to listen to it.
    On the other hand, an artist might release one or two albums that click with me while the rest of their discography does nothing for me. Doesn't always happen like that, though.
    "Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath." -Black Sabbath, "A National Acrobat"

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansoul View Post
    ..... I was just wondering why you listen to it, even if you don't have to.
    I have always liked to listen to new music that the (m)asses are listening to.

what else can I say to validate myself

it is me
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Music Head View Post
    I have always liked to listen to new music that the (m)asses are listening to.

what else can I say to validate myself

it is me
    Haha, all for the love of music which I understand. And you don't have to validate yourself to me, I was just asking.

my prerequisite for listening to new release albums on a weekly basis is simple:

1. I try to pick at least one album a week by an artist I am not familiar with

2. I try to listen to at least one by an established artist

3. I try to listen to one that has either entered the UK or Australian charts that week (I leave the US mainly to MH because his listens come solely from Billboard)

4. I try to listen to an album by an artist I already know and like(doesn't mean i'll like the album though)

sometimes I am surprised, some examples:

I listened to the latest Dream Theater album earlier this year, i'd never heard anything by them but I know all the metalheads in Australia love them...
    im not a an of metal overall but I gave it an unbiased airing...
    I loved it, since then ive purchased almost their entire back catalogue, like most of it, but theres a couple of albums that im not keen on...

ive discovered a lot of very good albums through my weekly listens that I otherwise would never have heard, but to do that, I have to sift through the crap to get there,
    if that means listening to five bad albums before I find a good one, sobeit, the "gem" at the end is worth it...

I will listen to any genre nowadays, and occasionally find an album from one of those genres that I like regardless of what or who it is...

this may sound stupid but I think Bieber has one good album in him that I will eventually like, how soon he gets there is anyones guess, but after "love yourself" I think its getting closer, so if I don't listen, I will never know whats around the corner.

each to their own I guess...I don't want some snotty nosed, pimple faced kid who writes reviews for so and so magazine telling me what is good:

1. theyre often given the albums to review, they have no say in what they review

2. they've been known in the past to get paid to write positive reviews

3. they generally only write reviews for "popular" artists of the day

4. their opinion is simply that, their opinion, and that may or may not reflect mine