Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Stories and Haunted Places

Default Ghost Stories and Haunted Places

Damn....

I accidently deleted the original thread so ive got to repost the whole thing....

sorry Ocean,
    your story got lost in cyberspace also!

so,

with recent chatter about ghosts etc in another thread I thought we should a thread for that specific reason so here are the guidelines
    I have set out for it:

you can post stories of:

1...the unexplained/supernatural here that have occurred to you and for which there is no logical explanation...

2...stories of local haunted places you are aware of in your locality/province or State....

3...the factual stories that movies, mainly horror movies, that inspired the movie....

4...basically anything that goes "bump in the night" that you are aware of....

if you post a story based on historical fact it would be nice for you to provide a link to a page that has an official history of the haunted place
    you mention, likewise with movie version of 'inspired by true events' that you think is interesting....

lets keep away from things like UFO's/Sasquatch etc and just stick to supernatural phenomena for the time being and see where the thread takes us:

so on with the show....LET THE NIGHTMARES BEGIN!

again, sorry Ocean,
    loved your post and the link you attached to it,
    please repost if you can.

Haha, it's alright. I thought I might've done something wrong or something. I'll get my story together again and my reference website.
    "Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath." -Black Sabbath, "A National Acrobat"

no no no, not your fault by any means mate,
    I was trying to transfer the other posts from that movies thread to this one and I must have pressed a wrong key somewhere along the way.

believe you me, if I stuff things up, im the first to admit it.

re post it anytime you can mate, no pressure from this end.

i'll probably post a few stories here on the weekend once I collate them in my head in an organised manner.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY-HORSE View Post
    no no no, not your fault by any means mate,
    I was trying to transfer the other posts from that movies thread to this one and I must have pressed a wrong key somewhere along the way.

believe you me, if I stuff things up, im the first to admit it.

re post it anytime you can mate, no pressure from this end.

i'll probably post a few stories here on the weekend once I collate them in my head in an organised manner.
    Heh, it's fine. I got to make some adjustments to my post and fact checked it to fix any potential errors in it. I'll post a personal story another day.
    "Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath." -Black Sabbath, "A National Acrobat"

One of my older brothers (I have two), use to work at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It's a historical one that was built in the 1880s and officially opened as the Crescent Hotel & Spa in 1886. My brother did a lot of research and had papers on it, sadly I do not have them so I dug around for some information. The Crescent Hotel sponsors ghost tours also. Website is here -> http://www.crescent-hotel.com/bakerstory.shtml

At the epicenter of the Crescent Hotel's history is a man named Norman Baker who was a businessman and a charlatan. In 1929, Kansas City, MO, Baker met Dr. Charles Ozias who was working on a cancer treatment and seized the opportunity to get it. He tested the injection on some cancer patients which killed them. That didn't stop him though, Baker continued to feed people lies and false hope to make a profit by calling it a "cure" and raving about it to the newspapers as a success.

Eventually after a series of moneymaking malarky and being sued for operating as a doctor without a license by the authorities, Baker settled into Eureka Springs, Arkansas where he purchased this building which he renamed Baker Hospital where he continued to work as a "doctor", ran medical scams, and made $4 Million dollars off of cancer patients in two years, but the authorities caught up with him. He was arrested, charged with defraud, and found guilty of 7 felonies. He was sent to prison in 1940 and released 4 years later. He died in 1958.

Crazy story, but I wanted to share it. Supposedly, the Crescent Hotel is haunted as some people claim to have seen Norman Baker there, a ghost of a past worker named Michael, a ghost in the morgue, a former Physician named Dr. Ellis. There is more history to this hotel, don't let my story scare you away from it though, it's a beautiful hotel now.

I'll be sitting this one out
    but you guys/gal go for it
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Geez, how did I know you would say that MH????

Fremantle Arts Centre:
    heres the Wiki page on the site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freman...Centre#History

and the link re: the hauntings: http://www.house-nerd.com/articles/s...le-arts-centre

I was there about seven years ago to watch a Paul Weller concert and I had no idea about the history of the place whatsoever,
    anyway,
    to paint a picture, all the buildings were secured and locked with the lights out except the area outside where the concert was being held.
    so im watching the concert and I got the strange feeling I was being watched (the type where the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.).
    I kept looking back over my shoulder at the buildings to where I thought I was being watched from, this happened numerous times during the gig
    and eventually one of the people standing near me was doing the same, im not sure which one of us mentioned it first but it was like "do you get the
    creepy feeling someone is looking straight through you?"...
    now I don't get creeped very often but this really creeped me out.
    it wasn't until a year or so ago that I put two and two together (and MH would say 'and you came up with five!) when a historian was on the radio
    discussing haunted sites here in Western Australia.

the buildings are open to the public on weekends as they hold 'art exhibitions' on a regular basis, I intend going there on one of those weekends
    just to see if I can 'feel' things...
    no, I don't do the whole "oh its haunted, must be something there" and believe it, in fact I don't believe anything until I experience it for myself,
    but yeh, was the strangest gig I ever went to!

Quote Originally Posted by Music Head View Post
    I'll be sitting this one out
    but you guys/gal go for it
    Aww, I'm sad now, but if you say so. Hopefully I haven't scared any people away haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY-HORSE View Post

Fremantle Arts Centre:
    heres the Wiki page on the site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freman...Centre#History

and the link re: the hauntings: http://www.house-nerd.com/articles/s...le-arts-centre

I was there about seven years ago to watch a Paul Weller concert and I had no idea about the history of the place whatsoever,
    anyway,
    to paint a picture, all the buildings were secured and locked with the lights out except the area outside where the concert was being held.
    so im watching the concert and I got the strange feeling I was being watched (the type where the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.).
    I kept looking back over my shoulder at the buildings to where I thought I was being watched from, this happened numerous times during the gig
    and eventually one of the people standing near me was doing the same, im not sure which one of us mentioned it first but it was like "do you get the
    creepy feeling someone is looking straight through you?"...
    now I don't get creeped very often but this really creeped me out.
    it wasn't until a year or so ago that I put two and two together (and MH would say 'and you came up with five!) when a historian was on the radio
    discussing haunted sites here in Western Australia.

the buildings are open to the public on weekends as they hold 'art exhibitions' on a regular basis, I intend going there on one of those weekends
    just to see if I can 'feel' things...
    no, I don't do the whole "oh its haunted, must be something there" and believe it, in fact I don't believe anything until I experience it for myself,
    but yeh, was the strangest gig I ever went to!
    That's a creepy (and cool) story!