new album released Oct 13th

Sorry For Partyin'

from the album - I Don't Wish You Were Dead Anymore
YouTube - Bowling For Soup - I Don't Wish You Were Dead Anymore (HQ)

from amg

The cheeky punk-pop outfit Bowling for Soup was formed in 1994 in Wichita Falls, TX, featuring lead vocalist/guitarist Jaret Reddick, guitarist/vocalist Chris Burney, bassist Erik Chandler, and drummer Gary Wiseman. However, the group didn't rise beyond local prominence until 1997, when a heavy touring schedule helped broaden their fan base and landed them opening spots for nationally prominent punk and ska bands. The following year, Bowling for Soup recorded a debut EP for the local FFROE label, titled Tell Me When to Whoa!; by this point, their base of operations had been moved to Denton, TX, the site of the label's headquarters as well. Later in 1998, Bowling for Soup issued their first full-length album, Rock on Honorable Ones!!!. Both it and its predecessor proved to be popular around the state (Honorable Ones sold over 10,000 copies alone) and the band ended up scoring a deal with Jive/Silvertone.

For their 2000 major-label debut, Let's Do It for Johnny!, Bowling for Soup re-recorded some of the best songs from their indie records and added a few new tracks, including lead single "The Bitch Song" and a cover of Bryan Adams' "Summer of '69." Two years later, the band released Drunk Enough to Dance, and nabbed a Grammy nomination for the single "Girl All the Bad Guys Want." Hangover You Don't Deserve followed in 2004, and BFS landed another hit single with "1985," which helped propel Hangover to number 37 on the Billboard 200. Bowling for Soup returned in 2005 with Goes to the Movies, on which they tackled various television and movie theme songs. The Great Burrito Extortion Case followed in the fall of 2006, spearheaded by the bouncy single "High School Never Ends," while Sorry for Partyin' -- the band's seventh studio effort -- arrived in late 2009.

album review

Punky power pop pranksters Bowling for Soup have made a career out of matching catchy, unusually well-crafted pop music with clever, humorous lyrics suggesting that the band was eternally stuck in high school. With 2009's Sorry for Partyin', the group, whose members are quickly nearing middle age, seems to be regressing even further, trading in frequent references to cheerleaders and jocks for an extended penis metaphor ("My Wena") and a paean to shirking all manner of responsibility, including cleaning up dog doo ("No Hablo Inglés"). Elsewhere, the group makes a (mostly) tongue-in-cheek bid for chart success with "A Really Cool Dance Song," which matches a throbbing Lady GaGa-esque beat and electronic squiggles with the group's usual sarcastic flair, and delivers one of the best celebrations of all things brewski-related since Tom T. Hall's "I Like Beer" with the even more enthusiastically named "Hooray for Beer." As was the case with "Much More Beautiful Person" and "When We Die" on the unit's previous release, The Great Burrito Extortion Case, however, Bowling for Soup occasionally dispense with the silliness to get reflective; "Me with No You" is a midtempo, acoustic-based, straight-up sensitive heartbreak song that could easily be covered by any number of teen-pop or Nashville country singers. Throughout, the band varies little from its proven musical formula of catchy, snap-tight, and energetic guitar rock, but the primary focus on this album, as always, is on having fun, and Sorry for Partyin' makes forgiveness easy.

Track Listing
1 A Really Cool Dance Song Linus of Hollywood ... 03:44
2 No Hablo Inglés Linus of Hollywood ... 03:30
3 My Wena Linus of Hollywood ... 02:49
4 Only Young Hollander, Katz, Reddick 03:46
5 I Don't Wish You Were Dead Anymore Reddick, Scalzo 02:45
6 BFFF Reddick 03:51
7 Me with No You Maloy, Reddick 03:43
8 Hooray for Beer Linus of Hollywood ... 03:26
9 America (Wake Up Amy) Reddick 03:25
10 If Only Reddick 03:39
11 I Gotchoo Linus of Hollywood ... 03:43