Thread: Need help finding the write song

Default Need help finding the write song

I found this site after spending my last 2 days off trying to find a song that would go well with a slideshow that I am putting together. The slide show is for a woman that I had a relationship with for the last 15 years. She had to move all the way to the other side of the country to help her daughter (neither she nor I wanted to be separated, we are best friends, soul mates and everything in between. In the 15 years together we spent all of our free time with one another and never once had a fight) . I am putting together a slideshow of our lives together, the place we have been and the things we have done. I would like the song to be something happy, or at least not sad, so that she can view it frequently and remember our life together without having the music make her breakdown and cry. I would like the song to be something about remembering good times and or me appreciating her being part of my life. I am open to different types of music (Country, Older music, etc..) but I would prefer the song to be easy to to understand (preferably not Punk, Heavy Metal etc..) and the artist can be male or female. I did find a few things that were very close to what I am looking for but not quite.

Please Remember - Lean Rimes

Kind and Generous - Natalie Merchant

I Miss My Friend - Darryl Worley

You're My Best Friend - Queen

Thank You - Simply Red

Thankful - Kelly Clarkson

Unforgetable - Natalie & Nat King Cole

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions you may have

Manomet, MA, U.S.A.

A sad story, you have my condolences

Good Riddance (Time of your Life) - Green Day
    Swing Life Away - Rise Against
    I Walk Beside You - Dream Theater
    Forever and Always - Bullet For My Valentine
    Down Together - The Refreshments

Maybe not quite the style you're looking for, but all of these songs hold a special place in the hearts of me and my friends...
    Give them a listen, see if any fit
    (you can google the lyrics to check them out)

Best of luck to all involved