Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music & Alcohol

Default Music & Alcohol

Having been to a Reggae gig at the weekend, & being reminded how much the Unwashed love to get smashed for live music....

I've never really enjoyed the combination of music & alcohol, as booze dulls my senses too much. I'm prepared to concede that I'm in a minority here, but I'm curious to know what the rest of our community think.

Discuss...

Band Member

Agreed.

Good music has a euphoric effect by itself. The handful of times we brought alcohol to a concert, I found it was more trouble than it was worth.

The worst part, as you suggest, is what alcohol does to "the Unwashed." It only takes a small percentage of irresponsible attendees to really make a mess of things.

I love listening to my favourite music while drinking.. same goes for a smoke..

I think it has a lot to do with a lot of shows being at bars.

But also the idea of having fun with your friends, kicking back and having a few drinks in the company of friends and good music.

As for the getting completely sloshed when going to see a band, well that part I don't get. Why go to all the trouble of going to see the band if you're not planning on remembering it.

Can't believe I forgot to respond to this post.

Anyway, I gave up on concerts many years ago, because I was going to hear music and most others were going to get drunk and party. Nothing against alcohol when used in moderation. To get sloppy drunk, I got over that when I got married and had kids. I prefer other means of relaxation. I live on a farm and harvest time was recently. I'm set for a good while. Again, in moderation.
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Iota

Quote Originally Posted by Music Head View Post
    I prefer other means of relaxation. I live on a farm and harvest time was recently.
    I see.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

I hate the people who find it necessary to get drunk before a show.

Someone got puked on at Escape The Fate... glad it wasn't me

What a model of sobriety we all are...

Wink

attracted by the title "Music & Alcohol", in fact I prefer to listen to my favourite music when i'm reading, soft music of course.

A bottle of Brunello 2006, an open fire and a masterpiece in the CD player is my thing. I go to the odd concert now and again but there are just too many wasted people at these things these days. I am getting old.......
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.