Thread: Your Local Rock Music Scene!

Miami, Florida

Default Your Local Rock Music Scene!

What's up guys?

I'm new to the site and I've been reading a lot of the threads and I can honestly say that a lot of you have great things to say and are very receptive to everyone's ideas.

First I would like to tell you a little bit about myself and the purpose of this thread...

I'm the lead guitar player of an alternative hard rock band based out of Miami, Florida (Im not trying to promote my band, but if you'd like to know about it, let me know! and I'll be glad to share my music with you) our music is along the lines of Sevendust, Incubus, Tool, and Alice in Chains...

As many bands nowadays, we are applying a DIY(Do-it-yourself) method...and so far everything has been working out great. We released our album independently, distribute it through many online sites, get great comments and friends on myspace and other online communities, and put on a great live show...However, being the case that we are from Miami, Florida and I don't know if you are all familiar with the Rock Scene down here... but, it is practically inexistent... We get gigs often, but we are not playing with bands that share our own genre...sometimes we play with Hip-hop bands..and other times with really pop-indie bands. Therefore, its a little harder to target and capture a specific audience.

I would like to know how your local rock scene is...and I'm talking about shows at pubs, bars, night clubs, I'm not sure if you guys attend or support your local music, but would like to know if your area is fond to promote and encourage local music , specially rock and what the audience response is?

Thanks in advance!
    Jose M

Atlanta, USA

It looks like you're trying to get us to do market research for you. Are you trying to book a tour?