Thread: Practise more than one instrument?

Default Practise more than one instrument?

Dear forum

Sorry if I post this in the wrong place - I need your advice.

Currently Im playing the piano but would like to start playing the guitar as well.

My schedule does normally not allow me to play music for more than 40 minutes per day, 4-6 times a week.

What would you recommend me to practise:

Both piano/guitar, 20 minutes each day?.

Piano one day and guitar the next? (both for 40 minutes at a time.)

What is your experience with practising more than one instrument?

Definitely, practice both every day even if only for a short time each. Remember that how you practice and frequency of it are far more effective than time you spend practicing.

There are some very effective short-time practice routines. Try different short-time ways of practice, short sessions of 20 minutes with a 5 minute break between each will help you focus. Check out "bernhard", I mean, bernhard's topics in pianostreet forums. Also, search for "how to practice piano/guitar" and "short-time practice piano/guitar", read about how to practice and see what works for you.

Good luck.

Something to add,
    I suggest that you read experts' material about practice; some online forums may well contain material that is not good to follow. Yet, as you can see, I mentioned material written in an online forum but such material might be kind of rare in forums.