Page 1 of 157 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Buy?

Default What Did You Buy?

Subtitled: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

We're always talking about what we like here. The question is, what have you liked well enough to actually purchase? Would like to start keeping track of that here. If you would start logging your album purchases it would be appreciated. This will be for albums only, no songs, and it will be whether hard copy or downloads. I must confess I don't buy near as much as I used to. Reasons are 1) I am retired and have become cheap, 2) there is so much available to listen to online and 3) I already own more music than anyone could listen to. I do go on occasional buying sprees and I buy album downloads when they are on sale. I will log my most recent purchase after this post and will do so in the future. Feel free to do the same. You may also add anything else about the purchase.

thanks
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Purchased this as a download from amazon for $5.
    I already own the vinyl, but wanted to burn it and put it on my mp3, and couldn't resist the price.

Rolling Stones - Black And Blue

A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Iota

The last album I bought:

Master Musicians of Bukkake - Totem One

Iota

Gave 'em a listen

Very strange indeed

One of us may need therapy
    Last edited by Music Head; 09-10-2009 at 10:39.
    Will Rogers

Unhappy

The last song I bought was off of iTunes, and I accidently overdrew my account by 50 cents and got a $22 fine from my bank! D=

The culprit was a version of "Sosban Fach" by Cowbois Celtaidd

Quote Originally Posted by adrawer4ever View Post
    The last song I bought was off of iTunes, and I accidently overdrew my account by 50 cents and got a $22 fine from my bank! D=

The culprit was a version of "Sosban Fach" by Cowbois Celtaidd

Was it worth it?
    Will Rogers

Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell

Owned the vinyl since it came out in '77. Saw the cd at wal-mart for $7. Great album. Let's just say my cd's are more accessible than my vinyl.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Music Head View Post
    Was it worth it?
    Well I haven't been able to find the song anywhere else so I guess. Hopefully might resolve things with the bank as well, though I have a feeling they will keep their twenty bucks. >_<

I went and picked up two Gojira albums

From Mars to Sirius 2005

The Link 2003
    I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

The last album I bought was Nofx - Coaster

And my next purchase will be released next week on October 27: Rammstein - Liebe ist fur alle da

I always buy new albums from my favorites artists. And always on CD. I can't imagine paying for mp3 of the new albums from my favorite bands.