Thread: Hello music lovers, I'm new.

Default Hello music lovers, I'm new.

Hi I'm Tony from Swindon in the UK.
    I guess the best way to describe my music taste is to tell you of my recent and upcoming gigs. I've recently been to see Starsailor, AC/DC and Florence & the Machine and have got tickets for Green Day, Deep Purple and White Lies.
    Most weekends you will find me in Riffs Bar, a local live music pub run by friends of mine and thoroughly reccommended if you are passing. It's like watching a band in your living room and everyone is really friendly. In the last few weeks I've seen Deborah Bonham, Simon McBride, Viking Skull and Never The Bride - not so well known but quality none the less.
    Also went to the theatre last week to see "Over the Rainbow" The Eva Cassidy Story, (very sad but great vocals)
    I have an acoustic guitar that I'm struggling with so any tips would be appreciated.
    Well I hope I haven't bored you too much and look forward to meeting like minded music lovers.

London, UK

Hi Tony and welcome to MD. Nice intro. Been to any clubs in London?
    With Regards...

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Welcome tony
    Hope you enjoy the site
    We're a friendly bunch so don't be shy
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Went to Koko (formerly Camden Palais I think) but that was for a gig rather than clubbing. Saw an American singer called Jenny Lewis, had a good time and thought the building was fantastic. The club starts up after the gig but the problem is the last train back to Swindon is before midnight and that really sucks. Missed the last train back from the AC/DC Wembley gig and ended up getting a taxi from Reading to Swindon.
    Thanks again.

United Kingdom

Hi Tony, & welcome to MD.

Sorry for being a bit late for a welcome, but I've been away for the last week.

Hope you enjoy the site, & I look forward to getting to know you...