Thread: for Loretta Lynn fans....

Default for Loretta Lynn fans....

the 'queen of country', well, she is IMO....
    has a new album coming out in January 2016,
    her last release was "van leer rose" a decade ago which was produced by Jack White...
    this one is to be called "full circle"

here's the cover art:

and the tracklistings, inotice two of my favourite artists make guest appearances on this one in Willie Nelson and Elvis Costello.

1. Whispering Sea (Introduction)
    2. Whispering Sea

3. Secret Love

4. Who's Gonna Miss Me?

5. Black Jack David

6. Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven

7. Always On My Mind

8. Wine Into Water

9. In The Pines

10. Band Of Gold

11. Fist City

12. I Never Will Marry

13. Everything It Takes (featuring Elvis Costello)

14. Lay Me Down (featuring Willie Nelson)

and the overview of the album:

Full Circle is the first new studio album in over ten years from American music icon Loretta Lynn. Produced by Patsy Lynn Russell and John Carter Cash, and recorded at the Cash Cabin Studio in Hendersonville, Tennessee, Full Circle takes listeners on a journey through Loretta's musical story, from the Appalachian folk songs and gospel music she learned as a child, to new interpretations of her classic hits and country standards, to songs newly-written for the project. Drawing inspiration from personal memories and deep connections to American music, Lynn's 13 new recordings capture the essence of these songs in intimate new performances. The album is volume one of the Cash Cabin recordings, a series of new album projects imagined and created at the storied Cash Cabin Studio.

Highlights from FULL CIRCLE include "Lay Me Down," a duet with Willie Nelson; "Everything It Takes," featuring guest vocals from Elvis Costello; "Whispering Sea," a new version of the first song Loretta ever wrote; and soulful new renditions of some of Lynn's classic tunes, including a rousing renditions of "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven" and "Fist City." The album also includes traditional Appalachian songs from Loretta's childhood such as "Black Jack David" and "I Never Will Marry." At 83 years old, Lynn's voice sounds as powerful as ever, and this new material only adds to her legend as a performer.

Lead Vocalist
    Santa Paula, CA

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY-HORSE View Post
    " At 83 years old, Lynn's voice sounds as powerful as ever, and this new material only adds to her legend as a performer.
    I'm definitely going to check it out and if this quote is even half true I'm sure I'll be buying it

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

alright guys, I've a confession to make
    I love music
    I hate music reviews
    allow me to elaborate
    when it comes to something I plan to hear
    I do not want my opinion influenced by other opinions
    does that make sense?
    it does to me
    I have not read what you guys said about this album
    once I saw the subject my brain reacted and I stopped reading
    after I listen to the album I will post what I think
    I will not pre-judge, whether positive or negative
    I let the music do the talking
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

I'm like you MH...
    Latest example, I didn't read the Adele reviews before I posted it...

The Loretta post(second one in the thread) was obviously a press release...

I'm just looking forward to hearing the two duets with Willie and Elvis

Lead Vocalist
    Santa Paula, CA

I saw her live a couple of years ago and was disappointed, but liked her van leer rose release. So I too will be listening before I buy

I'm a huge fan of Loretta and Jack White but I never bought "van Lear rose" when it originally came out because
    I thought that combination couldn't possibly work...
    I ended up getting it out of a discount bin earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised with it...

I remember my dad bought that Wanda Jackson album that Jack White produced for her a couple of years ago and that was terrible, and she was one of his favourite singers when he was a teen back in the 1950s.
    I listened to the Wanda album was terrible.